The Knowing

Matilda disappeared from Albus after the attack at Belgium. He was having trouble looking for her since then. He tasked Newt to find her but Newt was also having trouble finding her ad well.

So Albus was sitting with the information that his brother has another child out there, that he has no idea about. So Albus left the school going into the village going to hog's head. Aberforth needed to know.

When Albus got there and started to talk with his brother about Matilda, Aberforth did not want to believe it.

" You are the only one that has goats as your charm. She is a Dumbledore, and she is-" Albus was cut off by Aberforth.

" I don't have another child! If I did, she is better off without me. Just go Albus, leave." Aberforth said

Albus sighed never breaking eye contact with his brother. Albus left hog's head going back to the school. After that Albus still continue on looking for Matilda and trying to convince his brother Aberforth on looking for Matilda. But nothing was working. Albus still requested Newt's help on finding Matilda. And there are growing reports of Matilda popping into places around the world, breaking magic laws and being a pain in the ass.

Albus was able to listen in on a ministry meeting about Matilda. And it was not good, they were planning to lock her up and or to kill her. Albus could not let that happen, Matilda is his niece after all. With the new information he went back to Hog's head for his brother.

Albus shuts the door softly. Aberforth sees Albus but continues on at the bar.

" You need to listen to me Aberforth. I heard that the ministry has sent out an order of Matilda. Where they will kill her or lock her up. Will you tell me that you would stand aside and let that happen to your daughter?"

Aberforth was stunned with the news. He did not think that the ministry would go that far. He can not lose another child. Albus gave a long look at his brother before leaving. Albus knew that his brother would go find his daughter so Albus left something of Matilda's on the table of hog's head. It was a piece of Matilda's coat.

Aberforth took a look of it, picking it up deciding what he should do. He went to get his coat before leaving the village. Once he was on the train near Hogwarts he took the piece of clothing and started to think of her. Sensing her magic and where she could be. Aberforth evaporated from the train, ending where Matilda was at this very moment. Aberforth looked around seeing no one in the streets, like it was abandoned. He stepped further into the fog seeing buildings and a dog barking away in the distance, he kept his wand close.

As Aberforth got a look around the place, where he knew where he was. One of the most crime area for witches and wizards within England. Along with being the poorest part, the ministry does not like keeping up with them. Aberforth kept his guard up, looking around but he stops because he heard something that was not right in his bones.

He followed the sounds where he saw Matilda, his daughter that he never knew around fighting with other wizards. That they were in a duel, a duel for the death. Matilda was real good, she was bumping off the wizards one by one until she got hit with a spell that made her hit the ground. That is when Aberforth made his move to take his daughter with him to the village. Both hit the snow ground, in the village it was dark out. Aberforth was holding his daughter as he walked to the hog's head. Once inside Aberforth went to the back not paying attention to the customers inside. The only thing he cares about his is daughter.

He put Matilda in one of the chairs upstairs so he can look at the wound on her left side.

" Who are you?" Matilda asked

Aberforth paused, he was not sure how to come out with the truth on who he is to her.

" My name is Aberforth. Let me help you."

Matilda looked at him for a brief moment before putting her hand on his. She was digging around for memories without him even knowing.

Aberforth started a healing spell but it did not work. He could not understand why it was not working. He cut away part of the shirt and that is when he knew she was hit with a dark spell, dark magic.

Aberforth still tried things his own way before getting Albus into it. But that plan did not work so well, Matilda was getting worse after a few days, Aberforth was running out of time and his worry was getting to him. Aberforth took Matilda with him heading to the school, Hogwarts to get Albus's help on this matter.

Aberforth entered the school holding up his daughter. Running into Mcgonagall, " Aberforth?"

" Minerva. Where is Albus?" Aberforth said

" In class. Who is she?"

Aberforth did not answer Mcgonagall he went straight upstairs to the classroom Albus was in. Aberforth was standing outside of the class, he put Matilda down on the floor so he could open the door.

Aberforth pushed his way inside the classroom, and connected his eyes to his brother. Albus was curious why his brother was at the school more so why his brother looked distraught.

" I need you". Aberforth said

" Open your books, chapter 9-11" Albus said

Both men left the classroom, Albus saw Matilda on the floor. And he saw the wound on her side, he knew it was not good. Both Albus and Aberforth carried Matilda to his office. They placed her on the table within the office. Albus did a spell where she could not move.

" What I am about to do, is going to hurt very much for her. But I have to do it". Albus said

Albus was taking the dark magic out of Matilda and when the whole school started to shake, Matilda opened her eyes seeing Albus again but then she started to scream from the pain.

Her scream was so bad that all of the windows of Hogwarts shattered. Albus was able to get the dark magic out and seal it away from anything and anyone.

" all done. She is going to be weak for a while" Albus said

Aberforth took a seat next to Matilda not leaving her side.

" Thank you" Aberforth said

Albus smiled at his brother, " Stay for some tea".

Aberforth nodded his head, Albus left the room to go back to his class. He would have someone to cover over for him while he stays with his brother and newly found niece.