~16~

"Mom, is Mr.Oberoi a nice person?", Anvaay asked Annika who was arranging her stuffs back into the suitcase.

She looked at him with a frown, "Why are you calling him Mr.Oberoi?"

"I can't call him Dad, of course", he murmured.

Annika left the pile of clothes she was holding on the bed and took a seat beside him, "Anvaay, despite of everything which happened in between us, your Dad is a great person. I know he loves me a lot. And now, he loves you and Anaay too. You know, he didn't even had a slightest clue that you guys exist but still that day when you both met him in the park, he got an instinct that you were definitely his kids"

"What about the mistakes he did?", Anvaay asked curiously.

"Anvaay, you don't know anything about what actually happened. But I can assure you that it was not his mistake completely. Sometimes, when you have something engraved in your soul since childhood, it's not easy to get over it. He was maybe, bound by ideologies and thoughts", she tried to reason with him.

"Still he should have got over his whatsoever ideologies in case the matter was about you", he said.

"Look, it's like oat meals. You like oat meals and consider having them over parathas. Even if I insist you to have it, you never do cause you are bound by the thoughts that it's unhealthy", she explained.

He was understanding everything. He was getting a mind to forgive his Dad and forget whatever happened, "Will you forgive him?", he asked.

"It's difficult though I try to. But we are returning back to Sydney and that is my final decision", she told and resumed packing her stuffs.

"Army will be joining us?", he asked.

"No, he has a project to do in Mumbai for which he'll be staying for a week for so"

                                ~•~

"Mom, water", Anaay told as they were heading to the airport. 

Annika looked around and found the bottle stand in the car empty, "We forgot the bottle", she looked at the driver, "Dada, I need to purchase a water bottle. Can you please stop the car?"

The driver nodded and took the car on the side. 

Annika saw a local tea shop selling water bottles. She asked the driver to take care of the kids and headed outside. She went to the stand and purchased the bottle.

While she was coming back, her phone rang. It was from Armaan. While she was indulged in the call, a truck speeded near her and due to her absence of mind, she suffered andm accident.

                               ~•~

"Annika! Annika!", Shivaay barged into the hospital corridor. He was in a messy, helpless and profound state. His face was moist and wet. His eyes were red and it showed the pain and vulnerable state of him.

He found Anvaay, Anaay and Armaan standing there in front of the Operation Theatre. He walked closer to them and held Armaan's hand, "Where is she? I asked where is she?", he yelled.

"You have no right on her! Stay away!", Armaan snatched his hand back.

"She is our Mom Army! And Dad's wife!", Anaay rebelled, "Dad, she is in the OT", he cried badly.

Before Shivaay could react, a nurse came out in a hurry.

"Nurse, how is my Annika? She'll be okay, right?", Shivaay asked.

"There is a lot of blood loss. The doctors are trying there best. Dr. Anant and Dr. Esha are right inside", she told and left.

Shivaay felt devastated. No more he could allow her to move away from him. He felt week on his knees and fell down on the floor balancing his back on the wall, "Annika", he whispered.

Anaay was bursting out in tears. He rushed to Shivaay and hugged him tightly, "She'll be fine Dad"

"She is our strong girl", Anvaay and Shivaay said simultaneously.

Anvaay could no more control it. He didn't wanted to cry but it went out of his league. He cried holding his heart.

Shivaay held Anaay close to himself. He saw Anvaay in a bad state. Still aware of the fact that he is angry on him, he extended his hand to Anvaay.

Not thinking anything, Anvaay rushed to Shivaay and fell on his laps holding him close, "Dad, she'll be good right? I can't like without her. She is my everything"

Shivaay felt a bit of releif when Anvaay called him Dad, "She'll be good Anvaay"

No matter how angry Anvaay was on Shivaay, he did missed him. He did loved her, "I am sorry Dad. I was--I was a bad son. But I was angry cause my Mom suffered bit I do love you", he confessed.

"I love you too Anvaay", he smiled.

"And me?", Anaay asked.

"You too", Shivaay kissed both of their heads..

                                 ~•~

"She's alright", Esha came out of the operation theatre. She had an emotional and miserable look on her face. Doctors are considered emotion less owing to the fact that they operate on human bodies. But to be specific, doctors get way more emotional especially when they are treating their loved ones.

Shivaay came and rushed to Esha and hugged her tightly, "She'll be fine, right Mom?"

Esha scrubbed Shivaay's back, consoling him and pouring her emotions too, "She'll be fine son. Where are the kids?"

Shivaay got off and cleaned Esha's face, "They slept off while crying. I just made them sleep in the visitor section"

"Hmm, Anant is just looking for some formalities. Annika will soon be shifted in the general ward", she told.

"Can I meet her?", Armaan popped in between.

"No, I mean she isn't conscious now. Let her rest for a while", Esha told. She looked at Shivaay who had a subtle sad look on his face. She smiled and blinked her eyes at him, assuring him.

Hit the vote button if you like it!