~19~

When Annika woke up, she found the room empty. She tucked off the covers and tried to stand on her feet. It was never able to try it cause her kids and Shivaay wouldn't allow her to. To her joy, she was walking properly. Thank god she wasn't crippled.

She walked outside to the hall way. She glanced over and found that Shivaay was sitting there with her parents. She felt panged as she had thought that he must have left by now. She went to them.

"Anu,", Anant saw her walked to her to give her support, "Bache you shouldn't have came here by yourself", he gave her his hand and walked her over to the sofa.

"How are you feeling Annika?", Esha asked surfing her hands on her hair and the kissing her temple.

"Fine Mom", she told honestly. She looked around to find her children.

Shivaay smiled at the family, "They went to Oberoi Mansion", he told.

To be honest, Annika didn't minded her kids bonding with their cousins. It was good. It was essential specially after they are familiar to each other's existence, "What is he doing here", she asked Esha pointing at Shivaay.

"He is gonna live here", Esha told.

The news came as a thunderclap to her. She can't allow his to stay with her. At mist she wanted is to find some peace and stay away from his as far as possible, "Why?", she almost whined.

"Cause my wife and my children stay here", Shivaay answered.

"Ex-wife", she blurted out quickly, correcting him.

"Doesn't matter", he said.

"Can I talk to you, alone?", she asked. She didn't wanted to create a mess in front of her parents and hurt them more. She got up without hearing his reply. She walked to her room denying the help her parents and Shivaay were offering.

                                ~•~

"What the hell are you trying to prove?", Annika yelled as soon as Shivaay entered her room. She was sick of running away and explaining things to everyone including him, her children, her parents and his family. 

He didn't seemed astonished by her sudden rude tone. He knew that she was frustrated. All memories really rushed down her system, "Just trying to get us back together, Annika", he answered in the most simple tone he ever could.

She fell on her hips straight on the bed. She couldn't find correct set of words to express what she was feeling right then. Every moment was flushing down her mind, their happy phase, and then the ultimatum. The climax, the END. The end of Shivaay and Annika, "What....What...What do you...expect me to do? Forgive you?", she was choking half of the words.

He went up to her and sit on the floor, bended on his knees. He held her hand, "Yes, I want you to forget everything and move on, with you and me and our kids together", he said. He took the glass of water kept on the side table and handed over it to her, "Have it".

As tears were rolling down her cheeks, she felt the sudden urge to fight back. Do something which she never did. She just left him after he asked her to without any closures. He asked for divorce and she gave him, without even asking for her rights or fighting for herself. She threw the glass as it smashed against the floor, breaking into hundreds of tiny chunks and water spilling like sprinkler, "How could you even ask me for it? How could you even hope that I'll forgive you, Shivaay? How could you ever think that you'll eventually get what ever you wish for?", she shouted.

"Annika, I just want to-----"

"Stop! Just stop! Enough of you saying and I listening like a servant. Now, it's on me. I'll speak and you'll listen", she dared him, "Why do you think that I'll ever get back with you? You have abandoned me like a trash whenever I needed you", she was crying and yelling simultaneously, "When I discovered that I was adopted, obviously it didn't change my love for Mom and dad but, but it kind of hit me very hard. I needed someone to hug me, to brush away my tears, to console me. It's spontaneous when you get to know that the people you have been referring as Mom and dad throughout your life are actually not your Mom and Dad. Instead, you walked away. You didn't see me for a few days and the next moment I saw you, you were carrying the divorce papers", she cried.