Chapter 5 | Do You Mean What You Say?

CHAPTER 5

Do You Mean What You Say?

It is midnight when something or someone I should say was constantly knocking on my glass door. Yes, the glass door, my terrace door and not the door connected inside our house, obviously. I quickly removed the blanket away from my face and carefully listened to the sound. It still freaks the hell out of me, who wouldn't be frightened if someone was knocking from the outside in the middle of the night. Of course it is scary for a girl like me but he still loves sneaking in at any possible chance he could get. I mentally rolled my eyes knowing that this isn't new to me. It's not like I don't know who could possibly be knocking on my terrace door at a random situation like this. I know it's him. This has been his favorite thing to do whenever we hadn't had enough time together at school or whenever he had had a bad day and wanted to talk to me or whenever he misses me or whenever he just feels like he wants to be with me.

I get off of my bed, glancing at the digital clock hanging across my room, it was already 12:51

"Hey" he said with his always excited voice as I slid my glass door for him.

I tried to play it cool and make myself look like unexcited with his presence. Though there's still a small smile I'd painted across my lips, it was uncontrollable; it's like my lips automatically smiles whenever I see him. I mean who wouldn't be so overwhelmed? If your boyfriend was standing there holding a box of pizza, a heart shaped container of your favorite chocolate and a teddy bear, then on his mouth was a long stemmed red rose that made him look like the present generation's coolest version of Prince Charming . He made it look like it was Valentine's Day on the middle of September and he did all of it just to make you happy. Doesn't it sound so lovely? It was a perfect romantic story indeed.

Though I have no idea how he managed to bring all of these stuff with him having only the big tree near my terrace as his way up.

Then, standing there, staring at him, speechless, was my solitary role in this flawlessly written love story. It's not easy being clueless on what to say. I knew I wanted to say a lot of things, like 'what is this' or 'thank you so much, or 'im so lucky to have you' or 'I love you', or... or... Whatever! I found it so hard to construct even a short phrase. I was incapable of deciding on what to say first. It seemed like words are overflowing through my head, they all wanted to go out at once.

"Surprise!" he flashed a big smile while standing still. He stretched his arms waiting for me to give him a hug.

I giggled, slightly shaking my head. I leant against the glass door, arms crossed as I watched him pout like a child. I remembered what he'd done at school a while ago and maybe this was his most clever idea of making things up to me.

"Oh Brandon" I sighed vulnerably. I swear I rolled my eyes to let him know that I was still upset, but then... he smiled that gorgeous smile. He put down the teddy bear and the box of pizza, and then held the rose. He knew I couldn't resist him. He was right, so I hugged him breathlessly as excitement and happiness came filling me in. But then my displeased expression remained noticeable.

He gently lets go of the hug and cupped my cheeks.

"Come ooooon ,babe" his lips folded like a sad child and eyes glittering like the puppy's. He looked at my hazel eyes that way, with a sad apologetic tone on his voice. Then again, he pulled me in.

"Wha' ? " I said half-breathing through his cotton shirt still smashed into my face, he was now hugging me tighter than I did to him.

"I'm sorry with what happened at school..." he said in an undertone as he rubbed my back. I just nodded accepting his apology. "...I love you Eleanor" his British accent exposed as he said it. Those four words always brought magic into me, it always make the bad feelings instantly vanish.