Chapter 6 | You Needed Me

Chapter 6

You Needed Me

Eleanor's POV

One two three, Step, Jump, Step, Jump.

Err.

Was it step then Jump or Jump then Step. Am I doing the right thing?

Ugh!

"Girls, let's take a break! Five minutes!" I gestured five in the air while looking at the ground massaging the back of my neck with my other hand. I sat at the bleachers desperately recalling the additional dance steps I had in mind last night. All the other girls went to the comfort room except for Janice.

"El, you okay?" Janice asks giving me a bottle of water with a concerned look on her face .

"Thanks" I smiled weakly accepting the drink. "~I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling fine today" I mumbled looking away. I wandered my eyes at the open football field, the cheering squad we're the only ones here today so it is quiet and the only sound you could hear now is the beautiful voice of Taylor Swift on the radio singing 'Baby, don't you break my heart slow'. The melody of the song could make anyone fall to sleep but to me it is sounds like everything I feel right now was written in a song, the lyrics were as painful as how Brandon is breaking my heart slow.

"Yeah, I can see that. What's bothering you? Is it Brandon?" she asked seating next to me.

"Well...I don't know ,really." I sighed making the ambiance get a hold of a little more sadness.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I don't know what's happening to us...to our relationship." My cheerless frame of mind plus the sad background music makes it a lot easier to let her know everything I feel.

My whole week had been really tough. I was fulfilling my duties as the cheer captain and at the same time trying my best to be the most understanding girlfriend I could ever be. I knew those were entirely different things, I should separate my personal issues to our dance practice and stuff.

"I couldn't comprehend were I went wrong Janice. Everyday he's becoming more and more..." I hate to admit this "...Indifferent" sighing, I looked at my shoe as if it was the most interesting thing that time. For the first time talking to Janice didn't made things any better. And for the first time she just sighed and had no clue on what to say to make me feel better. I just felt I was being left out even more. What would happen worse when the squad is away to another state for the competition? What would Brandon realize or do worse when he and Lily had more time together?

"We'll do something babe...don't worry. I am sure someone would help us get that geek down and keep her away from your boyfriend" Janice assured me.

~

Brandon's POV

"Brandooooooooooooon!!! Wakey wakey! Wake up! Wake up sleepy head!" with that, I had no second thought that it was my best friend who's shouting at my ear, jumping around my bed trying to wake me up.

I groaned. "Okay, okay... I will get up." I slightly opened my eyes and there, I see my little miss sunshine, Smiling widely making all my worries vanish. "~you're the most effective alarm clock I had so far" I grinned at her while she gleefully jumped off of my bed making her way to my closet.

"And the prettiest!" she added whilst keeping her eye on the grey vneck t-shirt she had found.

"And the prettiest" I agreed while getting my towel hanged at the back of my door. "~So, are you planning to go with me at the bathroom and help me dress myself for school, mum?" I joked. She just chuckled and continue raiding my closet.