Why Do It Again?

"Maya! Maya! MAYA, where are you?"

I was running all over the place trying to follow her screams. First it was here, then it was there, then it was everywhere; but still no sign of Maya. Her screams filled the air coming from every direction. My head was spinning and her screams grew louder and louder, then fell completely silent.

"Aj!"

I turn around to see George all bloody and full of bruises.

"What the hell, what happened George? Are you alright?" I said while walking up to him.

"I don't know, I just remember walking away from the table after eating, then I went to the ring toss game again to see Sarah, but she was gone. I got closer to the game and saw a blood trail, as if someone dragged Sarah's body away on the floor, so I followed it. Once the blood trail ended I tried getting a closer look, then BAMM! Complete darkness. All I heard was some sort of whisper, constantly saying, "Tell her to come home. Tell her to come home. Tell her to come home." I woke up slouched on a chair in the security's office and then just started roaming around hoping to find one of y'all, now here I am."

I stopped paying attention to him right after he mentioned the whisper saying 'tell her to come home' now I know for sure that it was Him, and that he wanted me. Why can't he understand that I want him gone, I don't want anything to do with him. For him just to leave me alone. I don't care about him anymore, just to get out of my life.

I fell to the floor instantly bursting into tears and start yelling at the top of my lungs, "LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE ME ALONE! Just LEAVE ME ALONE! I don't love you, and I never have! You are nothing to me now! You chose this, you chose to leave me! Leave me alone, it's YOUR fault, just LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOONEE!'.

"Aj, what's wrong is everything alright?"

"George I need to make a confession, but please I need you to trust me. I'm not like HIM, and I never was."

I look up at him from the ground with tears in my eyes and an itch in my throat about to make my confession when a thick fog begins to creep steadily behind us. He looked at me with a concerned face and began walking towards me to help me up. Within a few steps the fog encases his legs and he collapses to the ground. Blood begins to flow out from his eyes and mouth. He looks at me and begins to scream a blood curdling scream, his mouth begins to widen, and his body begins to distort. He starts to crawl towards me forcing me to back away from him.

"George!? George!?... LET HIM GO! You let him go!"

A quick brush of strong wind picks George up and whisks him away leaving behind a shriek as he disappears into the fog.

"GEOORRGGGEEE!!! Nooooooo!!" I scream with my hand reaching out towards the fog. I try to gather myself and start to take a few deep breaths. I stand up and begin to walk around the park trying to find clues of my missing friends. I couldn't help but begin reminiscing on how wonderful this place used to be. How could it have just been abandoned? What happened? Well, I knew exactly what happened to the Cool Zone all those years ago, and knew it would come back to haunt me. I mean I knew HE would come back to haunt me...

...my own father.