Chapter 2

You get ready for the party the next day, wearing a short tight black dress and converse... yes, converse, you're not exactly a ballerina when you've been drinking, you're actually more like Bambi on ice!
(B/n) has already left. You're guessing he's meeting up with one of his many b00ty calls... or maybe he's scoping the scene out for potential banging areas. You don't know, and you don't care. You wanna have fun tonight, and trying to figure out what the hell is up with (b/n) does not fall under that category.

When you arrive at the party, it's already out of control. Loud music is blasting out of the house, people are scattered on the lawn and dancing in the living room, packed together like fish in a barrel. You make your way to the kitchen, greeting and hugging people as you go, and pour yourself a beer. You spend some time taking it all in, drinking and chatting and let the alcohol do it's job.
By the third beer, you're quite buzzed. You find yourself on the dance floor, singing along to the music and dancing up against other bodies. A hand snakes around your waist, a hard body pressed against your back, and a mouth kisses your neck. Out of the corner of your eye, you see blond hair. You try to enjoy the dance, enjoy the kiss, but he's doing too much, and you can't get away. You try to step away or push his hands off, but he grips onto you. At this point, you must look super uncomfortable. Suddenly, the body is gone.

Turning around you see (b/n) glaring daggers at the guy and fisting his shirt. You can't make out what he's saying because of the music, but he glances at you, looking you up and down as if checking if you're okay before turning his threatening gaze back on mr blond dude. Needing some fresh air, you walk outside, grabbing a new drink on the way. You find a tree with fairy lights wrapped around some branches and go sit under it, leaning your head against the trunk and closing your eyes. After what feels like a minute, you hear someone walk over and sit next to you.
Opening your eyes, you see (b/n). He's clenching and unclenching his hands, a dark look in his eyes and you know he needs you here, just like in the bathroom. Quietly, you start talking, "thank you for pulling that guy off of me." (B/n) nods, eyes focused on the house, "did he hurt you?" You smile a bit, shaking your head, "no, just too grabby and pushy, but I'm okay." (B/n) takes a shaky breath and nods, looking down at his hands. They're trembling slightly, and before you can think, you reach over and hold his hand in yours, lacing your fingers between his. (B/n) looks at you in surprise, but he doesn't pull away. If anything, he actually squeezes your hand gently. Leaning his head back against the tree, he closes his eyes and breathes slowly. You don't speak. You're scared to break this moment of peace between you. Any questions could make him pull away or hide again.

When (b/n) speaks, you're surprised to hear his voice thick with tears. "I'm sorry about the radio silence the other nights..." he sighs shakily, "m-my mom died the night I ate your food... and it was good, I didn't mean it when I said it was bad" You look at (b/n), tears welling up in your eyes at the pain in his voice. With a soft whisper, he talks again, "just thought I'd explain myself. I won't stay out without word again, I promise."
You stay quiet, letting him talk. You know he'll run off if you say anything, and you want him to get whatever he has to say off of his chest. All you do is gently squeeze his hand in comfort and acknowledgement. When (b/n) is calm again and not about to cry, he gets up and walks away without a word. You watch him walk inside and immediately a girls arms is around his neck. You sigh, finishing the drink in your hand and close your eyes again, staying outside for another five minutes before making your way inside.

You end up finding a cute guy to dance with. You talk a little and kiss a lot, and you whisper in his ear, asking if he wanna go upstairs. He's quick to agree and you lead him up, his hand on your thigh and (b/n) watching you from a corner... but you don't notice him.

After some of the most boring sex you've ever had and you and the cute guy are done and cleaned up, you walk out into the hall. You stop in your tracks when you see (b/n) leaning against the wall opposite the door, jaw clenched and eyes locked on the guy behind you. With anger in his voice, (b/n) tells mr cute to leave. He doesn't hesitate, (b/n)'s fucking scary when he's angry. You glare at him, crossing your arms, "what is your problem?" (B/n) looks at you, a fire burning in his eyes, "I don't have a problem. I just need to talk to you." He pushes away from the wall, stepping closer to you, "if you ever mention anything I told you tonight to anyone, I'll make sure your life becomes a living hell, got it?" You frown at him, actually hurt that he thinks you'd tell anyone his secrets. Angry tears well up in your eyes and you decide not to answer him. Shaking your head, you walk away. Here you thought some progress was made towards a friendship, but you were apparently wrong.
Having lost any desire to party, you go home. You take a quick shower, drink some water and eat some bread so you won't wake up too hungover, and then go to bed. You're woken up though, when (b/n) gets home... aaaand there's a girl with him... great.