13. One More Week

Pros for going to dinner with my dad vs. Pros for the double date

                I looked down at the paper, both sides heavy with persuasive points about why I should do either one. Still, though, one didn't outweigh the other, and I ended up right back where I started: drowning in my own pool of confusion. On one hand, I really wanted to make things right with my father and show him that I care about our relationship as much as he does.

                But on the other hand, I wanted so badly for the other girlfriends to like me, and I knew the sacred rule of dates – it even applied to double ones – do not cancel. I groaned into my pillow, lifting my head and catching my own eye in Perrie's mirror. I tilted my head slightly to the side and smoothed down my hair, sighing.

                If I was only Perrie then I could go on the double date. But then again, if I were Perrie, then I probably wouldn't even have the decency to go in the first place. I jumped up and started to pace across Perrie Edwards' huge bedroom, my mind working on overdrive for a way to get me out of one of the event's without hurting anyone's feelings.

                "Ms. Edwards, do you need help picking out what to wear today?" A maid asked, half inside the room and ready to run if I yelled at her.

                What was Perrie, five? "No, I'm fine. Thank you."

                She hesitated, "Is there anything else I can do for you, Ms. Edwards?"

                "No," I said, but then a thought popped up in my mind. "Wait, actually, yes! You can give yourself, and the rest of the staff, the day off. You guys deserve a paid vacation."

                The maid was stuttering in surprise, "T-Thank you so much Ms. Edwards!"

                I grinned and nodded at her, watching her beam at me as she scurried off to go tell the chef and whoever else she could find. This clearly meant real Perrie barely gave paid vacations – which I wasn't exactly surprised over – so I made a quick mental note to give them more of them. Unable to keep pacing, I fell back onto the bed once again and sighed.

                Still, I have gotten nowhere. But as the thought crossed my mind, another J-walked right into the front of my head, making me sit straight up in excitement. What if I suggested the double date be at the same restaurant that my father is taking me to? Then I could do two things and they'll never know!

                 I grinned to myself in accomplishment.

~*~

                Will be a little late. Meet you at the restaurant!

                I sent the text on my iPhone, quickly putting it away and checking the blackberry to see if I had any other events scheduled over for this week. Nope. My dad replied back a nonchalant "okay", and I was officially in the clearing. Now I just had to get through tonight, and I knew I could do it.

                "Oh, there they are!" Zayn said as we approached a table with Lou and Eleanor sitting there beside each other, grinning at us.

                I flashed them a hundred dollar smile, "Hey!"

                Eleanor looked like she was about to give me a test. There she sat, with her little smile, and I could tell that she was just waiting to see if I really had changed by probably asking touchy subjects that made the 'old me' morph into a huge bitch. I could tell by the way she assessed me, and I knew that it would be this way all night.