14. Truly, Madly, Deeply

"Do you love him?"

                It was a fair question. But I didn't honestly know the answer – it wasn't a straight out yes, and it wasn't a straight out no. I knew that when I did truly love Zayn Malik, I would just know, and it wouldn't take all this thinking to say "yes".

                So I slowly shook my head. "No, I don't think so."

                Niall half-smiled in a way that made it seem like a half-frown. "But you're falling for him, aren't you? Soon enough, he'll realize he loves you too."  

                It was weird, hearing the other side of this story. Hearing that Zayn actually had feelings for me, and they weren't little school boy having a crush kind of feelings – he almost loved me. It confused me, but at the same time, it overwhelmed me with a happiness that can only be created from love.

                "I know." I said, because I did. "I know."

                "Then when are you going to tell him?" He pressed.

                I took a deep breath. "By the end of the week. And it's... it's Thursday right? Shit, it's Thursday. Well, I'll be telling him Sunday."

                Niall raised his eyebrows. "When did you make this decision?"

                "Monday."

                "And you didn't tell me?"

                "I didn't tell anyone!"

                "Yeah, but I'm the voice of reason for this thing," Niall said, and I couldn't help but laugh. "Seriously, Lela, just talk to me whenever about it. I'll help you out until Sunday. Do you have anything planned?"

                I shook my head, "What, am I supposed to plan a candle light dinner to tell him?"

                "That would be nice..."

                "No!"

                "Okay, then, what about telling him when you two are somewhere secluded? Like your house. Well, really, it's Perrie's house – but tell him when press and paparazzi aren't around."

                I sighed. Talking about it just made it all the more real.

~*~

                "Whatcha doing?" I asked, wrapping my arms around Zayn's neck from behind and looking into the notebook he had been writing in.

                He shut it before I could catch a glimpse of the words. "Working on a song."

                My eyes lit up. "Ooh, let me see!"

                "Nope," Zayn said, turning his head to grin at me boyishly and peck me on the lips. "It's a secret until it's finished."

                I pouted. "Please?"

                He shook his head. "Nope."

                I pushed off of him and rolled onto his bed, sinking deeper and deeper into the plush comforter. Hm, this was really comfortable...

                "Enjoying my bed?" He asked jokingly. "Come on, we're supposed to go to the shopping center."

                I groaned, "Do we have to? I'm too comfortable to move!"