6. New Plan

"I have another surprise for you, honey." My dad said the next morning as he walked into the kitchen, fully dressed and wearing a grin.

I raised my brow and froze, the spoon for my cereal in front of my lips. "What is it?"

He sat down next to me at the table. "Jem's coming for a week!"

My eyes widened, and my spoon fell back into the bowl, splattering milk onto my shirt. I blinked, shaking my head as my dad made a 'tsk' sound, grabbing a few paper towels and cleaning up. Oh my God. My little brother was going to come here for a week? What was I going to do?!

"That's great!" I blurted falsely, knowing for a fact that it was the exact opposite.

If I thought I was screwed before, then I was beyond screwed now.

Now this just made things about ten times harder. How was I going to balance being here, going to Perries, meeting up with Zayn, hanging out with their friends, AND have family time with my little brother and dad?!

"When is he coming?"

"He should be here any minute!"

"Oh, great..."

"This is going to be a fantastic summer. I get to spend time with my kids!"

"Yeah, fantastic." I muttered.

My dad looked at me sideways. "Is there something wrong, darling? You seem a bit off this morning."

I forced a quick smile: "No, I just still have a bit of a stomachache. I'll live."

No I wouldn't. Lie after lie, I could barely handle this. How was I supposed to juggle being three different people now? I had to be Lela, the daughter and now, the sister too - all while I was here being Perrie, the pop star with an equally as famous boyfriend! I was just going into overdrive by this time, and didn't even hear the bell ring.

It wasn't until my younger brother Jem walked into the room with my dad's arm around me that I realized all of this really was happening. Jem was only younger than me by a year - he was seventeen, going into Senior year after the summer: whereas I was already doomed to figure out what college I'd be attending next year.

I was taking a year off to be an intern for a modeling company before I started Freshman year of college, so that gave me an entire year to figure out what I was doing. But right now none of that mattered; the only thing that mattered was that I had no idea what to do!

"Hey Jem," I greeted my brother with a smile, but there was still so much on my mind while I hugged him. "Miss me too much?"

He rolled his eyes, but grinned. "I just thought I'd be able to see if there are hot chicks in London."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

~*~

"Are you ready yet?" Jem groaned.

I turned around with a new pair of glasses on and raised my brow. "What do you think? Chic enough for you?"

He chuckled, "You look like an idiot."

I winced, crinkling my nose and taking them off. "Yeah, I missed you so much."

Jem dragged me out of the store downtown. We had just gotten lunch, and now we were walking around the stores that I haven't even visited yet while I was here. I will say, every store we went into, I had fallen in love with it - especially the clothing store, Top Shop. Everything was my style completely! I just wanted to buy the whole store.