DELTATOAD Chapter 1

You open your eyes to nothing.

You look around... Nothing.

The surroundings are all the same. Just inky blackness for miles. Yet somehow, despite there being no one there... you sense a presence with you here.

...

Are we... connected?

A bright light flashes before your eyes. You squint as a pillar of white light seems to beam down from the heavens. You instinctively bring your hand to shield your eyes until the light fades. You warily open your eyes to find an empty heart-shaped object.

Good.

Very... good.

You felt a little uneasy, but curious nonetheless. Somehow, you knew what that heart was.

Now.

Let us get started.

First, let's get to know... you.

Your surroundings seemed to change before your eyes. The blackness still remained, but around you appeared several different objects. You felt your feet touch ground, the surface cool below.

Give a good look to your surroundings.

Getting a good look around, you saw that there were eight items in total. Going from left to right, there was a golden locket, a pair of worn gloves, a pistol, a frying pan, a toy knife, ballerina shoes, a notebook and pen, and a stick.

Which of these is you?

Choose the item that is yours.

Or...

Let the item choose you.

You paused to glance around at the eight items again. They each seemed to emit an aura. A colored aura.

...

After some thought, you walk to the item you feel best reflects you. As you reach out to grasp it, it vanishes into thin air, along with the other items.

Ah, I see.

Very... interesting.

It suits you.

The empty heart from before flashed in the same color of the aura your item emitted. Now, the empty heart is now filled with your SOUL type.

Is this... you?

You paused for a moment, then nodded. The being seemed to understand, and the heart disappeared in a beam of white light, vanishing from view. However, you could still sense the heart object nearby.

Now, let us create...

a vessel.

In front of you several different heads appeared. It wasn't exactly creepy, all of the heads seemed... empty. Much similar to how the SOUL was, you noted.

Choose the head that you prefer.

Out of all of the heads, there was short hair, long hair, no hair, etc. You reached out to the one that looked most like you. The rest of the heads vanished, and bodies replaced them.