The Gypsy in Masquerade

AN: There is a picture of the cover above AND music! :D

This sneak peek has music. Although it is not required, I do recommend it. :3

-----

~ Music Starts ~

Mario and Luigi pushed their way through the crowd, attempting to at least see the stage as the music started to tune.

Crowd: Come one! Come all!

A Toad with a green cap stepped onto the stage, a grin on his face as he gestured around.

Toad: Hurry, hurry here's your chance!

See the mystery and romance!

The Mario brothers pushed their way to the side, but now they found that they were stuck front and center, unable to escape the large mass of Toads.

Crowd: Come one! Come all!

The Toad hopped off of the stage, roughly grabbing Luigi by the arm and pointing him to the stage.

Toad: See the finest girl in France

make an entrance to entrance!

Dance, La Esmeralda... DANCE!

The Toadstool threw down a smoke bomb and vanished, leaving Luigi and his brother coughing. The man in green squinted at the stage as the smoke cleared and the curtains pulled back, revealing a slim figure in a long and flowy dress with a fan over her face. She slipped away the fan, revealing a silver masquerade mask, long and wavy raven-black hair, and a tambourine in her other hand.

The man in green felt his heart flutter as she strutted over, playing her instrument.

Gypsy: Hey, soldier boy,

I see how you stare!

Hey, butcher man,

I see you admire!

Come gather 'round!

Hey, Jaques and Pierre!

Come see me dance...

to the rhythm of the tambourine!

Luigi felt himself almost swoon as she kicked her dress up, spinning with a glistening smile as she performed. He placed a hand on his face, realizing that he was blushing.

Gypsy: Flash of ankle!

Flip of a skirt!

Feel them excite,

enflame and inspire!

Come see me dance!

Hey, what can it hurt?

It's just a dance...

to the rhythm of the tambourine!

The crowd held their breath as she made a dramatic pause, her tambourine at face level. Everyone cheered as she tapped the tambourine on her thigh, a sly grin on her face as she looked over the crowd. The gypsy slowly began walking across the stage, her eyes practically glowing and her silk dress glittering in the spotlight. Luigi found himself gawking in awe with everyone else as she kicked up her dress, twirling at amazing speeds all while tapping her tambourine.

All of the Toads in the crowd squealed in excitement as the gypsy suddenly lept off of the stage. Everyone cleared a way as she delicately landed with her bare feet touching the ground. Luigi found himself frozen in place while everyone around him moved away, leaving him flustered in the center of the gap for the gypsy. She glanced his way and grinned, quickly closing the distance between them.

The man in green was as red as a tomato as the gypsy strutted over, grabbing him delicately by the arm. Everyone cheered as she spun him around, leaving Luigi dizzy as she pulled away. She hopped back onto the stage smirking as she held Luigi's hat in her hand, which the man in green just realized she took.

He was a flustered mess as he watched her continue to dance with his hat on her head, the world seeming to fade out around her as he stared.

Luigi: This girl who is she..?

This girl who is she..?

Mario: This girl who is she..?

She dances like the devil himself!

Luigi: She dances like an angel!

Mario: An angel!

Luigi: But with such fire!

Mario: Such fire!

Luigi & Mario: Who is she?!

Gypsy: Men of Paris!

Before we get old!

Come feel the heat!

Come taste the desire!

Feel them within you,

crimson and gold!

Gold like the coins...

you will toss into my tambourine!

Everyone happily took out coins as she held her tambourine down to the crowd, cheering as they tossed them in.

Gypsy: When I dance...

to the rhythm of the tambourine~!

She stood and gave Luigi a wink before tossing his hat back, giggling as he fumbled to catch it. The man in green stood in awe as she gave one last bow, the curtains slowly closing behind her. Everyone was left cheering and clapping, loving the opening performance for the night. Luigi remained standing there with his hat clutched to his chest, his face flushed as his brother tried to earn his attention back, but to no avail.

~ Music End ~

Mario continued to shake Luigi, now a little more roughly with a concerned look on his face. His brother was COMPLETELY unresponsive as he stood gawking like a love-struck idiot.

"Luigi? LUIGI?! If you can hear me, blink twice!!!" Mario shouted in his ear.

Luigi did no such thing, instead staring vacantly up at the empty stage. He let out a shuddering breath, finally turning to look at his brother.

"Who in the worlds was that?" Luigi asked in awe.