FNAM: Flashback

AN: For those who don't know, I've had to do a LOT of writing for a writing class, so I decided to post the short stories here when I'm done with 'em! ^w^

Mostly cuz the short stories I made are just from different stories I'm gonna make with the names just swapped out-

Anyway, this short story had a requirement of being "realistic", so, not much about the actual animatronics are mentioned. Plus there are some *bleeped* swear words that I had in it. -3-"

However, for those that remember that Asher kid in my Random Memes 'N Crap book...

You're about to find out the character who closely connects with the Luigi/Mr.L animatronic. >:3

-----

I sat at my desk, my lip curled as I tapped the slightly chewed pen to the completed testing worksheet, my mind wandering beyond the schoolroom and all the way back home where my troubles came to haunt me. School was boring; however, boredom was better than whatever one would consider the chaos I was trying to avoid at home. I didn't belong at school, I didn't belong at the house, it was simply just a matter of time before I could pack up my things and leave it all.

Despite my uncle - although he constantly insists I call him my dad - being ignorant when it came to my life, I had already received several job offers and applications to places of higher study. He wasn't the best at keeping track of me, but who could blame him? He had his actual son who was several years older than me - in my same grade as well - to worry about. A nineteen-year-old boy who was in the same classroom as me, a sixteen-year-old male with exceptional grades in a 12th-grade class.

Flinching at the sound of a loud engine revving up, I quickly glanced over my shoulder to the source of the noise. Peering out the window, there was a girl, maybe in her junior year, at most, hopping into a slightly banged-up Ford. If I had to guess, based on how quickly she just left with another person in her car, she was either playing hooky or simply had a doctor's appointment of sorts to go to. It reminded me of my sister. She was currently home from school sick. Either way, I envied her.

"What I would give," I muttered under my breath, aware that I was still in a classroom.

I felt bad for my uncle, but I held no remorse for my cousin. He dug this grave for himself, and I'm surprised that my uncle won't just let him lie in it already. I've been tempted to tell my uncle about all of the times I've been forced to "help" my cousin with his homework so he wouldn't fail his classes, but he has enough troubles already. Being a single parent to your son, niece, and nephew after your wife disappears and your sister died has made him lose a lot more than just sleep.

As the designated middle child, I've tried to put as little focus on myself as possible just so he could help my sister. My perfect grades for the past several years would come across as a clear cry for help by now, I would think. It's just a matter of time before I can move on, but I have one too many things that keep me from flying free. Unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, family isn't the only thing I have to worry about.

The shrill ring of the school bell snapped me out of my thoughts, making me flinch once again at the sudden sound. I hated how jumpy I had become after living around my cousin my whole life. I bet that I could blame him for a lot of things that were wrong with me, not just the ugly scar he put on my face when we were little.

"Asher, your test, please," the teacher requested.

Looking up from my desk, the tall woman held out her hand to receive the paper, an impatient look on her face that she was at least attempting to hide. With a blank expression, I simply thrust the completed sheet into her hand and stood up, swinging my backpack over my shoulder like I've done every day. I didn't give her the chance to comment on my work or attitude before I was out the classroom door and making a beeline for my locker, or at least as close to a beeline as one could get while dodging teenagers shoving their way out of the classroom I had just escaped. A pro of being so easily startled by everything is that I've developed quite the reflexes for dodging. It helps a lot when people like to throw things at you, especially outside of gym class. Being the "special orphan prodigy" doesn't exactly make one Mr. Popular.