Chapter 4

After the kids went to bed, Amaria took the time to go into the woods and go find something to feed on but unfortunately, there wasn't a single animal around. It's almost as if the animals knew something was not right, she eventually gave up and decided to head back to the penthouse. The Lycans she saw in the treeline earlier were already gone, that was to be expected since they're only after her if she causes a single mistake on their land.

She entered the penthouse and headed for the kitchen, she opened the fridge and pulled out a beer and took a small sip. She held it close and went up the stairs, once clearing the stairs she walked down the hall and opened the first door and took a look inside. She saw Vanessa soundly asleep, surrounded by her stuffed animals and she smiled at this. Next, she headed down the hall again and past two doors on her right before slowly opening a door on her left.

She took a peek and saw Daniel asleep as well. She silently closed the door and headed up the hall, she came to the stairs and went down them before stopping by the living room. She opened a cupboard and immediately pulled out a silver knife and started to inspect it, she looked inside again and saw a katana blade in its sheath and there were two handguns with silver ammunition.

"Hope I don't have to use these again," she sighed deeply.

As she turned, she felt a whiff of a scent hit her nose. The scent was so familiar that it caused her eyes to widen in horror, she quickly pulled out her katana blade and one handgun before following the scent to her front door. Just as she tried to open the door, a force slammed the door open and sent her flying through the air. She crashed into the glass table that was in the living room with incredible force and caused it to shatter.

She looked up and saw black smog entering her house, it didn't end there because more smog like things started to enter the house and surround her. She looked down and saw a glass shard sticking out if her side and blood was pooling around her, she pulled on it and yanked it out. She was a bit shocked to see how big the shard was, she crawled to her feet as blood continued to flow. The smog in the house started to recede and take on human figures, they had pale skin and red eyes.

"Strigoi," she seethed.

"Very perceptive, Amaria," a voice said, followed by boots entering the house.

She looked closely and saw a seven foot and two inch tall individual, her eyes narrowed into a scowl and she glared at the person.

"The boy is here, Piadonè," a Strigoi said in the darkness, "I can smell him."

"You're not getting your hands on him!" Amaria exclaimed, "I warned you I would kill you if I ever saw your face again, Piadonè,"

The seven foot tall vampire known as Piadonè smirked at her.

"Why do you think I came for you? I want to see you at your worst," Piadonè replied.

Amaria felt herself weaken as she held her side that was still wet from fresh blood.

"Mommy!" A voice all caught their attention and they all looked toward the stairs.

Amaria and Daniel stood at the top with horrified looks on their faces.

"You have a child, Amaria? How exciting!" Piadonè clapped his hands in glee before taking on a serious expression, "Get them!"

"Run! Turn the lights on! " Amaria yelled at the kids.

The kids didn't waste a second. They both ran down the hall, two Strigoi dispersed intk their black smog forms and chased after the kids. Vanessa pulled Daniel behind her who was still in terror, she made them run till the end of the hall before turning to face the other side of the hall. The two Strigoi appeared and Vanessa quickly turned the lights on, the two Strigoi quickly recoiled when they felt the lights turn on and they screamed in agony when they felt their skin burn.