Chapter 8

Sonny sat behind his desk in his office in the house, his pack members stared at him as they waited on what he had to say. Anne was there as well, despite being human. But she was a part of the pack no matter what, since she is married to Sonny's second in command. Cody.

"This is the girl that got bit by one of the Rabids that attacked that night." Sonny said tossing a picture on his desk for them to see. "Her name is Maxine Morelli and she lives in Harlem."

They all stared at the pic. They saw a pretty girl with brunette hair and grey eyes staring up at them, with a blank look on her face, there was a slight undertoned darkness in her that the others immediately sensed.

"She doesn't smile much, does she?" Mark commented.

"Nothing to smile about if your own family abused you for years." Sonny said with a glare.

"Oh." Mark said, looking at Sonny nervously.

"Wait! If she lives in Upper Manhattan, what the hell were they doing all the way out here in the Upstate." Chase asked. "All the way out here in Howl's Gate Forest."

"You heard what Langley said Chase, the kids were supposed to be camping out a few days before their graduation." Sonny elaborated. "Until the attack took place."

"How many were they?" Oyuki asked.

"They were six. Two boys and four girls." Sonny said with a sigh.

"Shit. So the Rabid took out Tyler and Andrew and let the girls survive." Nile said with a softened expression.

"To think we've kept the Rabids at bay all these years and then this happens." Devon tsked.

"So this Maxine girl got bit before they survived the attack?" Anne asked.

"Yes." Sonny said with a serious look.

"What do you want us to do?" Hunter asked.

"Bring her here."

The group looked shocked.

"But Sonny we can't bring a human to-"

"She's not human anymore." Sonny said quickly cutting Chase off. "The rules imply we keep the humans away from our world, but she became a part of our world after she got bit. Now she has to be brought in before her first full moon, she'll go crazy and hurt innocent people and also expose our world to humans."

"When do you want us to act?" Cody asked stepping forward.

"We don't know how far her infection has set in, so I suggest going immediately." Sonny said calmly.

Cody nodded.

"Nile, Cody, Donovan and Hunter." Sonny said before turning to face the window. "You four will go get the girl and bring her back."

"A new Lycan? Damn." Mark murmured quietly but everyone heard him. Except for Anne of course.

"Let's go." Cody said before heading for the door.

Donovan, Nile and Hunter followed him out silently.

"Sonny? If the vampires find out that a new human got turned into one of us-" Oyuki started before trailing off.

"They'll try to kill her, yes." Sonny said before he turned to look at her. "That's why I want to get to her before they do."

"Her mother will be in danger too." Anne spoke up.

"We won't let anything happen to her." Chase said.

                ...................................