𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟒 - Hogsmead Pt.1

SATURDAY MORNING

I yawn in the cool morning air, it was going into winter so my breath left a puff of white fog in the air; when I was a kid I always used to pretend I was a dragon doing this, good times.

I decided to get up early today and wait at hogsmead for the rest of my friends, I had a hard time sleeping last night so instead of trying to sleep and fail, why not get ready for the trip. It wasn't too early anyways, just early enough that Pansy was probably waking up now.

I lean on the side of the main decor fountain, waiting for my friends to get here but I'm probably gonna be waiting for at least another ten minutes. Pansy does take a little bit to get ready and not to mention Draco with his hair routine, I feel bad of Blaise and Enzo.

It seems to be a nice day though, maybe it would even snow a little if we're lucky. I turn my head up and close my eyes, taking in the the day and relaxing before I have to actually talk to people. I stay like that for a few seconds before turning my head slightly to the left and see someone standing very close to me in my peripheral vision, what the fuck?!

I turn around to see Mattheo Riddle just casually standing there, I sigh to myself trying to calm down my heart due to the jump scare; thanks man. I look at him who was already staring at me, he really likes to hold eye contact I've noticed. Mattheo while looking directly at me chuckled about something, probably making fun of me; so I narrow my eyes at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you doing there." I seethed at him, not only did he scare the shit out of me but he also laughed at me. I tighten my arms around my torso that were already crossed waiting for his response, although I have the feeling he's either going to ignore my question or give me a bull shit answer.

"Waiting for someone." I raise my eyebrow,

"Who for?"

"I don't think that's any of your business." He said with a grin, does this guy take anything seriously?

"Touché." I mutter understand my breath, I look back up at him to him still staring at me; what is this guys problem?

We look at each other not saying anything for a while, both of us just seeming to be thinking about what the other persons problem was.

"You sure do stare a lot." I comment and he doesn't reply, only turning his head away from me but his grin faltered before going into a straight line momentarily. I huff and turn around as well, no point talking to this dude if he barely answers me. Just as I focus on what was now ahead of me, I see my friends laughing and making there was towards me.

Pansy runs away from the main group and books it straight for me, running at me full speed. I brace myself for the impact and am met with Pansy jumping into my arms with a giggle, she then separated from my grip and asked me,

"Why'd you leave early?" She had a concerned look on her face, I shook my head and smiled back at her.

"Couldn't sleep."

The rest of the friend group make it to where Pansy and I were standing, greeting me politely before they noticed Riddle standing behind me and now staring at them again with that smirk. Draco turns his nose up at his presence and decided to be even more argumentative this morning.

"Why is he here? You should leave." Draco spat at Mattheo who's smirk had now disappeared from his lips and whatever he was clutching in his jacket pocket tightened in his hand. Mattheo stopped leaning on the fountain and walked up closer to Draco, seething with a new intimidating aura surrounding him.

"You forget who your speaking to Malfoy, remember who your dear old daddy worships." Mattheo wickedly grinned as Draco surprisingly whimpered at, I've never seen Draco act like that before. Mattheo then turned around and strutted away without looking back, I flick my eyes over to Draco who looked utterly embarrassed as he too walked away. My group of friends then started to whisper to each other about what just happened, I also couldn't help but be curious about what Mattheo was talking about.

After all, what he was insinuating was pretty incriminating for Draco's father. But who am I kidding, Malfoy was a Death Eater once, who says he can't be one again?

A/n: so two chapter update because the chapter before would have been like 2k words 😃

Anyway have a good day readers 💪😤