𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟐𝟓 - Changing Pt.1

THIRD PERSON's POV

The Great Hall was bustling with noise, students chatting and conversing with each other as the end of year was approaching - but despite the cheerful students, there was a heaviness in the air that seemingly had no source. At least not yet. Y/n had taken notice of this hang in the air through the pit that lingered in her stomach, making an appearance out of the blue but instilled its presence with its nausea. The noise of the chatter not helping with the headache Y/n acquired either.

Meals lined the tables with lavish breakfast ordeal, mountains of fruit accompanied by deviled eggs and grilled sausages, the whole lot spread across each table for every student to gorge on. There was more than enough food, the house elves working hard to assist the children from the kitchens, although it was always too much. Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry always had a habit of providing too much in the wrong areas.

Y/n picked at the food on her plate, Pansy was still sleeping when she left for the hall and the rest of her friends were sparse around the castle to who knows where; the only ones sitting across from Y/n was Blaise and Lorenzo. It was always comfortable when it was the three of them, quiet and serene despite how brief the moment usually was before either Pansy livened it up, Draco drowned the scene with his gloom or Theodore soured Y/n's mood and began an argument. It was jut how things went, or did.

Instead of the predicted appearance for one of the other knuckle heads Y/n befriended, it was instead the guy who insisted on talking with Y/n. Mattheo slid himself into the empty bench spot next to her, his usual obnoxious grin plastered on his lips and the glint in his eyes that Y/n had grown accustomed to.

"So Hyde, got my test back." His hands lanced together on the wooden table, his eyes on her as Lorenzo nudged Blaise to listen.

"Did you pass?" Y/n quirked an eyebrow, placing her fork down and pushing the plate further into the middle of the table, deciding she wasn't hungry anymore.

Mattheo's grin widened as he leaned his body back on the bench, his eyes gleaming with an element of success.

"With flying colours." Y/n nodded her head with raillery flickering across her brows.

"Look at that, you actually do listen to me." Mattheo rolled his eyes with a spark of amusement in his features, returning his elbows to the tabletop and leaning into the table to glance at Lorenzo who sported a shit eating smirk on his youthful features.

"Find something funny Berkinshire?"

"Oh no, don't mind me." Lorenzo stifled his teasing giggles and waved his hand dismissively, sparing Y/n a gleaming look, making her swat at his head from across the table; the chorus of laughter leaving his throat as Blaise joined the moment. Mattheo's grin widening at the scene before pulling her jacket back to stop Y/n from knocking over the overly stacked pile of oranges to her right.

"Alright tiger, no need to bring the whole table down."

"Hush Riddle, I'm defending my honour." The group erupting in the casual laughter of this sibling-esk interaction, the dynamic light and playful as breakfast was dismissed and the hall flurried with students rushing to get out of the castle - after all Hogsmeade was available for visitation today.

Y/n usually waited for the bulk of the students to rush out of the hall before even attempting to get up, she hated getting pushed around in the crowd when she wasn't even leaving for Hogsmeade. Blaise raising his voice over the rustling of student's shoes scurrying on the stone floors.

"Are any of you going to Hogsmeade today?" Lorenzo shook his head, his brown hair further fluffing up.

"No, meeting a cutie today by the kitchens." Blaise snorted as Y/n gave Lorenzo a skeptical look.