Here comes the inferiority

Ben's POV:

I imagined doing "it" with her would make me feel great, and it did...

But it's weird... I feel invigorated and completely mortified!

Like... Was he better? Was I horrible? I would have asked... But I was called into work while she was still asleep.

So throughout the whole day, I'm stuck with this ever-piling insecurity that is killing me.

Ben:(sigh)

Okay, I need to chill and not think about that very adult subject for the rest of today and maybe forever.

Luckily there was a murder, meaning I have a subject to completly ignore my problem.

I find my partner, a gruff gray-haired man in his fifties, a definite cop who's seen it all. In his black fedora and trench coat, with a nice bowtie, Detective Theo Goch sipped his coffee.

Theo: What's up with you?

Ben: What do you mean?

Theo: You walk like a guy who got lucky, but have the face of a chump who got cheated on.

Ben: It's... Complicated... I don't want to talk about it.

Theo: Ah. I see.

Theo: Lucky for you we have a doozy. But nothing a "genius detective" like you can't solve.

Ben: Since when am I a genius?

Theo:(chuckles) Don't worry about it.

Together we enter this apartment complex that was really run down. It gave me crack house vibes. But the fifth floor where the crime took place was strangely higher quality.

Like almost budget VIP.

Ben: So what exactly do we have here?

I asked as my partner opened the door to the horror of room 504.

Theo: Orgy mass murder.

Ben:.....

What.

(Opening theme)

So... After looking at 13 naked bodies in various "positions"-ahem.

I'm... Ugh!

Kay... So, none of them had any in- lethal injuries. None of the food or drinks were poisoned and their cause of death was blood loss.

This case is so weird... And... I can't just focus on what happened yesterday.

God, what happened yesterday... That was a rollercoaster... Found out the masked vigilantly G-Zero who is wanted due to a law passed by the state is my girlfriend's ex.

Ben:......

Why did I remind myself of that!? God, why did I remind myself? Saten, why did you remind me of that!?

(Slam)

Bashing my head into my desk, I make a fool of myself in front of my coworkers.

Thankfully, I'm at my limit, so I don't really care.

Grabbing my jacket, I leave to clear my head, praying to god that I succeed.

Barista: Ginger extract smooth!