The Ride Along

Ben's POV:

Theo and I were driving around the town on patrol, with a special guest!

Alex: So how often do you shoot people?

Yep, Alex is here and... I'm stressed.

I want to look good for her but also, I don't want her to be put in harm's way if some super rando goes wild!

Theo: Hey, your misses asked you a question.

Ben: Oh. Uhm... A lot.

Alex: Really?

Ben: More than usual.

Alex: That way more than the other cops I've done ride-along with.

Theo: You like ride-along or something?

Alex: Yeah. It gives me the ability the discredit any news anchor that sees me in here and assumes I got arrested.

Alex: Plus I get to spend time with the coolest cop in town.

Ben: Theo is a little out of his prime, don't you think? But I guess he is pretty cool.

Theo: Out of my prime? What the hell do you mean!?

Alex: I was talking about you, silly.

Ben: Me!?

I'm cool? Since when am I cool?!

She's doing it again! Trying to make me lose my cool... Hold on, doesn't that mean I have cool?

Hmmmm...

Focus!

I've gotta keep my cool and stay alert.

Ben:(clear throat)... Cool? Me? Guess I never thought of myself that way...

Ben: But I guess that makes sense, cool guys don't think that way.

Alex:(giggles)

Theo:(sigh)...

(Opening theme)

Theo: We'll check it out.

There was a report of a murder at the mayor's office. This was a high priority that was supposed to be hush-hush.

Sadly, Alex was with us. Sooo... There goes that.

Alex: Oh... This is exciting. Can't wait to see you solve this murder!

Ben: Ah, ugh... Um... Solving a murder doesn't take a few seconds. Usually days...

Ben: I don't think we can even take you...

Alex: I swear, I'll stay in the car.

Theo: In that case, it shouldn't be a problem.

Alex: Yay!

Now the pressure was on. If I don't solve this murder Alex is going to think I'm so lame!

Please be simple!

(20 minutes later)

Ben: You've got to be kidding me...

Entering the crime scene, I find the "Jerard Goodman" an up-and-coming politician who was supposed to campaign against our current mayor.

He was dead. And crucified into the wall. In a room locked from the inside with no cameras. And the only camera footage showed he entered alone.

The only people in the building were the current Mayor, "Daphne Mclorry", her assistant, the security officer, and a bunch of cleaners.