Chapter 2 - The Ride to Hogwarts

!!!TRIGGER WARNINGS: IMPLICATIONS OF ABUSE!!!

~~~~~

Harry waited to see one of his friends at the train station, his older cousin, Dudley, standing next to him. Harry had no idea how Dudley had managed to convince his parents to allow him to go, especially because of the disgusting, atrocious, freaks he would be surrounded by. Harry was thankful for his presence nonetheless, though.

"Harry?" Dudley spoke up, patting his on the shoulder. Harry tuned to him, "You said one of your friends is a red-head with freckles? And is also tall? And that he has a big family that he would show up with? 'Cause he looks very much like that description," Dudley said, gesturing to a family.

All of them having semi-tanned skin, red hair, freckles, and blue eyes, made them quickly recognizable. Four of the six people standing there were dawned in Hogwarts robes, all of them having red and gold details.

A short, round woman fussed over their dressings, trying to make sure they were all laid flat on their bodies and that their ties were properly tied. Of course, while she fussed, a duo of tall, slightly gangly boys were messing with their mother by repeatedly pulling their ties apart. She had not noticed that she had re-done their ties at least five times each, she was too busy with other things.

An even taller, slim man stood behind her, covering his mouth to hide his small laughs at his twin son's pranks on their mother. The couple's outfits left much to be desired, the man wore a bright purple, sparkly suit jacket and yellowish cargo shorts, while the woman wore a dark green sweater-dress and orange leggings with hearts embroidered all over them.

An average height girl stood beside the twins, giggling at their stupid jokes. If you asked her, though, she would have feverishly denied that she found them funny at all.

But one person in the group caught Harry's eye. A tall red head with hair that brushed the base of his neck, freckles all over his slightly chubby face, happy, blue eyes, and a smile that made Harry feel safe. His best friend, Ronald Weasley, and his family, the Weasleys.

Dudley saw how his cousin lit up when he gestured towards the family that seemed to be of six, but was really a family of nine. He instantly knew he had found the right person.

"You go with them, I'll head back to the car," Dudley suggested, and Harry looked at him for a moment. Dudley was extremely confused at the blank stare was suddenly being pinned on him, and the swirls of emotions happening behind his bright green eyes, "Uh, Harry?" He mumbled, slightly concerned.

He was more than surprised when twig-thin arm wrapped around him— or, almost around him. He was too big, and Harry was too small for that to happen. As suddenly as it happened, Harry pulled back and walked off, pushing his trolley in front of him as he left, "Bye, Duds!" He called as he walked over to the Weasleys.

Dudley froze for a moment, before smiling. He turned and walked back to his parents' car, smiling a sad smile. He didn't deserve his cousin to be so kind, to forgive him just like that, to act like Dudley hadn't bullied him for years on end for things he couldn't control. He didn't know what to do about that, but he did know that he didn't deserve it and that he really didn't want to fuck up again.

"Harry!" Ron called out the second he saw the short head of messy, black hair headed towards him. He let go of his trolley at that and turned on his heel, running full force towards his friend. Harry quickly pushed his own trolley to the side so Ron wouldn't run into it.