v. settling in comfortably with style

━━━ VVV ━━━

THE DAY PASSED very quickly and night engulfed the entirety of the skies

THE DAY PASSED very quickly and night engulfed the entirety of the skies. Everyone settled nicely in each of their rooms as given by the owner of the grandiose mansion. Charles figured that he should leave them all alone until they could adjust to the new environment and perhaps make their own chambers feel more like home. He had hoped they would be comfortable enough to settle in and so he waited until dark after dinner to visit each person and personally see if they were okay with their positions.

Charles closed the door to Sean's room and then walked down the hall to go to the final person. He not so discreetly placed Alex and Veni's room across from each other and he now wondered why he didn't just visit the girl awhile ago since he'd gone through the blonde boy's own already.

He softly knocked on the wooden door and waited until her voice rang inside, giving him permission to enter. Charles didn't expect to freeze in surprise once he saw the scene, astounded by the extensive changes that he was sure was not there when he initially gave her the room.

It seems the young witch took it upon herself to do some interior designing. She devoured the statement of Charles when he said make yourself at home and quite literally spent her whole day replacing everything with what the telepath could say was the use of her magic. The once rectangular simple dorm was replaced by a much more spacious, he didn't know how she's done it, vintage sleeping chambers.

Gone was the juvenescent dark aesthetic of the place, the single bed, the darkwood bedside tables, the cabinets, and even the other things he couldn't remember. Replacing it now was a fairly large bed that had satin sheets and drapes covering it, the brown furniture also altered into white ones with golden linings, a lamp on top of it. Behind the canopy bed was a larger window which he was now wondering if it also looked huge from the outside or was it just charmed to appear like that from here. The once shiny planked floors was now covered by a soft carpet with a small tent by the side where a black cat was slumbering.

And holy heavens, was that a chandelier?!

“I hope you don't mind.” Veni sheepishly said. “If you do, I could always take it down swiftly. Everything's merely transfigured to look like this.”

“N-No! I don't mind at all. This is– This is magnificent! Your capabilities seem to be much greater than what I first perceived.” Charles stammered, now fully entering.

Her room might actually be much grander than his own!

“I was meant to ask if you're settling in nicely but I might not need to do so anymore.” he chuckled, examining the broom that was hanged on a shelf right beside the door.

“I should think about considering being an interior designer then.” Veni grinned, watching Charles move over to the grimoires stacked nicely on another shelf.

“You'd do well in the business.” he admitted.

The man took a book curiously, opening it to skim when he earned an okay sign from the witch. He raised an expectant eyebrow as he turned from page to page until he reached the end.