xviii. wicked ways of the witch

━━━ VVV ━━━

RIDING BROOMSTICKS WEREN'T as uncomfortable as Alex Summers initially assumed

RIDING BROOMSTICKS WEREN'T as uncomfortable as Alex Summers initially assumed. He thought that perhaps for the whole ride, all that he'd get would be sore bottoms from having to sit on a singular wooden stick. He was proven wrong as they soared through the air and seemingly became one with the wind. It was like gravity became nothing as his body went strapped by invisible buckles with the softest seat ever. He later realized that maybe the broom was charmed and was actually a flying racing car because they literally zoomed through the skies.

After her little episode in the Xavier mansion, the telepath reluctantly agreed to let her out– despite him not even owning her but just took in the role of a legal guardian because of their bond– on his terms about having someone come with her.

Almost everyone raised their hands, although Erik's was a bit lower than their energetic highs, with Alex not doing the action because he knew he was going with her one way or another. He didn't even need to hear about the man's deal, he had already unconsciously noted in his mind that he was accompanying her. To which everyone dropped their hopes with an annoyed groan, also aware of the blonde boy's much larger percentage of being chosen. He just had that kind of power even if the two weren't currently as buddy buddy as before.

Veni was silent all throughout the ride but Alex didn't mind, he was just happy to be near her and check her stature every now and then if she was still holding up. He didn't exactly recognize the places they were passing by, merely busying himself as he munched on the numbers of various food that the girl gave him which were packed inside a paper bag. They were very delicious. And he was satisfied with just swinging his legs as he enjoyed the breeze and the amazing view. It was lucky that he didn't have any phobia regarding heights or else this would be the perfect definition of a nightmare.

Eventually, they stopped, him only catching some bits of what the witch was questioning her cat who was sat by the front. She then followed its meowing and nudging and flew the broom downwards where they soon met the asphalt.

Alex rid his face of any donut powder that stayed there, watching the illusion bubble flow away and reveal them to the world. This was the magic laced on the witch's brooms, capable of being placed a ward to hide them from naked eyes.

“Wait for a moment, Umbra.” Veni called to her cat, earning multiple adorable meows from him. She next faced her other companion with seriousness. “Just for starters, the witch's aren't really known for their kindness. Believe me when I say that they might be more worse than rude humans who complain about their own doings. They will discriminate. They won't hold back. And will call anyone out as they please without thinking about the victim's feelings. Especially those who they can feel that are without magic.”

“Discrimination and racism. Got it.” Alex nodded understandingly, taking a step forward to start their walk.

“Not yet,” she pulled him back. “I'm not finished yet.” then her hand raised expectantly. “Did you bring it?”