[ 03. we spend a night in the maze ]

| y/n's pov |

"GOTTA KEEP WALKING." Minho said as he and Thomas held Alby up by the arms, me grabbing his legs in front of them. "Come on."

We groaned turned a corner.

"Okay, just sit him down. Sit him down. Ugh." We sat Alby against one of the walls.

I jumped at the sound of a Griever screeching again and cursed under my breath.

"This isn't gonna work." Minho said to Thomas and started moving. "We gotta go. We gotta go."

"Wait, wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas stuttered while Minho paced. "We gotta do something. We gotta hide him."

"Where?" Minho snapped.

"I don't know, Minho, just think. You're telling me there's not a single place we can take him?"

Minho pushed Thomas against the wall. "Listen to me, shuck-face, all right? Take a look around. There's nowhere to go."

"Minho..." I sighed and his anger dropped for a moment.

Minho let Thomas go and stood up, looking down at him.

"You don't get it." He said. "We're already dead."

Thomas stood up. He was looking at something just behind Minho and walked past him over to a wall covered in moss and vines. He turned back and looked at Minho and I and told us his plan.

We tied Alby up in the vines and pulled on one end of it to lift him up. He was heavy, so it was hard, but we soon got him quite far up the wall. I was anxious, though, because the sun had gone down, meaning the Grievers were bound to be nearby soon.

"What are you doing? What are you doing?" Thomas asked Minho. I couldn't see behind me, but I was sure it wasn't good. "What are you doing?"

"We gotta go. We gotta go." Minho repeated.

"No, no, no." Thomas protested.

"No, we gotta go." Minho insisted.

"Just a little more and we'll tie it off." Thomas pushed.

"No, no, no."

"Minho, come on, dude." I turned my head slightly.

"Stay with us, Minho, okay? Just a little more. We're almost there." Thomas went on and pulled the vine.

"I'm sorry." I heard Minho's voice say behind us and my head snapped around.

"Minho? What?" My eyes went wide in panic as Minho let go of the rope and ran.

Thomas and I slid across the stone ground and into the wall.

"Minho!" I called after him but he turned the corner.

There was a Griever screech nearby and I squeezed my eyes shut, still holding onto the vine tightly.

"Y/N..." Thomas said softly. "Come on, we gotta finish this."

I nodded, but heard the metal clanking around the corner.

"Thomas." I whispered and pulled him and the vine with me as I hid in the vines by the wall.

Thomas' eyes widened as the Griever's metal legs clanked against the concrete right in front of us. He was shaking beside me and I turned my head away.

Thomas let out a sigh of relief when the Griever disappeared from our view and we couldn't hear its footsteps anymore.

Thomas grabbed onto the vine tightly and started tugging on it again. We managed to tie it off, but I could hear the Griever coming back.

"Come on." Thomas grabbed my hand and pulled me around the opposite corner to the Griever.

We pressed our backs against the wall and listened to the Griever's metal feet hitting the stone floor as it came back around. Thomas leaned forward and peered around the corner. He took a few steps into the corridor again, pulling me with him. We looked up. Alby was still tied up on the wall and the Griever was gone.

There were rumbles and screeches somewhere in the distance and we both looked around. I started moving backwards down another path with Thomas until he stopped and lifted his boot.

His shoe had some kind of thick snotty stuff on it. I heard growling and looked up. There was a blubbery monster with spider-like legs. A Griever.

"Thomas!" I exclaimed, tugging at his hand to pull him along. He looked up and saw the Griever as it jumped down onto the ground.

"Oh!"

We both started sprinting through the Maze, the Griever right behind us.

"Thomas! This way!" I pulled him around a corner, but the Griever burst out ahead of us.

We kept on running until we came to a dead end.

"Oh, shit." Thomas said with wide eyes.

"Just follow me." I let go of his hand and ran full speed at the wall, jumping onto the vines.

The Griever jumped into the hallway and Thomas yelled as he ran after me.

We made it onto a new floor and ran more, jumping over gaps as the Griever continued to chase us. I pulled myself off the ground and followed Thomas as he went around a corner. I looked back at the Griever for a split second and almost fell off the edge of a stone cliff. Luckily Thomas had put his arms out and wrapped them around my waist, or I would've fallen and probably died.

"Holy shit." I gasped.

We went to run back the way we came, but the Griever blocked us off.

"We've gotta jump again." Thomas said, taking a few steps back and running at the vine covered wall in front of us. I quickly did the same, but so did the Griever. It landed practically on top of us and tried to sting us.

Thomas and I slid down the vines. The Griever chased us and fell, pulling majority of the vines onto the ground with it. And with the vines, Thomas and I fell.

I groaned in pain and Thomas scrambled to his feet. The Griever was caught in a tangle of the vines so we took it as an opportunity to run ahead more.

When we got to the end of the corridor, Minho ran into us.

"Crazy son of a bitch." Minho said and the Griever broke free from the vines. "Okay, come on, follow me. Come on." Minho pulled Thomas and I with him.

We ran for a bit, turning like three corners, when the wall ahead of us started rumbling.

"Okay, it's changing, it's changing." Minho said. "Come on, come on, come on."

"This section's closing, Minho." I said, pointing it out. "We can lose it down here."

Minho nodded. "Come on."

Minho and I ran down the hallway and turned once we reached the end. Thomas had stopped running and stood at the beginning of the corridor. The walls had started moving, making the path thinner.

"Thomas! What are you doing? Come on!" I called out to him.

"What are you waiting for?" Minho added. "Get out of there!"

"Come on!" Thomas yelled at something out of our view and started running down the corridor. The Griever was right behind him.

"Come on, Thomas! Don't look back! Run!" Minho encouraged.

"Thomas, come on! Move your ass!" I shouted.

"Okay, let's go! Come on!" The wall was almost closed now. "Come on, Greenie! Let's go! Thomas!"

Last second, Thomas managed to get through and the Griever was squashed between the walls.

"Oh, my God." I let out a relieved breath. I didn't even know Thomas all that well, but I wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"You killed it." Minho said, shocked.

"I--" Thomas paused and we all stared at the squashed Griever. "Oh, shit."