[ 05. thomas' griever pancake ]

| y/n's pov |

WHILE I GOT Frypan, Minho got Zart and Winston, and we went into the woods to meet Thomas.

"Will this be enough?" Minho asked him when we got there and he nodded.

"Okay. Let's go."

Minho lead the way to where the Griever was and I stayed at the back to make sure none of the others got lost. At one point, Minho stopped running and walked down a hallway, and there was the squashed Griever between the walls.

"That's disgusting." Zart commented.

"Hey, there's something in there." Thomas moved a little bit closer to the Griever.

"You mean besides a Griever pancake?" Fry leaned forward.

There was something beeping and a small, red flashing light within the mess. Minho took it upon himself and walked towards it.

"Woah, woah, woah, what are you doing?" Zart asked.

Minho reached his arm in and suddenly the leg sticking out moved. We all yelled and Minho jumped back.

"I thought you said it was dead." Frypan frowned.

"Was it a reflex?" Zart asked.

"You hope." Winston replied.

"Okay, come on, let's try and pull it out." Thomas grabbed onto the leg. "All right, let's go. Everyone get a hand on it. Come on."

I leant down and placed both my hands on one side of the leg. The other boys did the same.

"All right, ready? On three." Thomas counted and we pulled on the leg until it separated from the body, getting Griever insides everywhere.

"You okay, Fry?" I asked, helping him up.

"Yeah. Thanks, Y/N."

Minho walked back up to the Griever and grabbed a chunk of its insides off the floor. Out of the organ thing he pulled out a long metal tube thing that had a few wires sticking out. That's what was beeping and flashing.

"What the hell is that?" Thomas asked.

Minho examined it more. "Interesting."

"Okay, whatever it is, can we take this up back at the Glade? Because I don't wanna meet this guy's friends." Frypan looked around.

"He's right. It's getting late." I checked my watch. "The doors'll be closing pretty soon."

Minho nodded. "Come on."

---

"YEAH, WE FOUND this. It was inside of a Griever." Thomas said as Newt examined the beeping thing. We were back in the Council Hall, except this time without an audience. Just Newt and Gally.

"These are the same letters we get on our supplies." Newt pointed out.

"Yeah. Whoever put us here obviously made the Grievers." Thomas stated. "And this is the first real clue, the first anything, you've found in over three years, right Minho?"