Chapter 21: The kitty is a badass

. . .

"So you got lost then found this guy and a cat and brought them here?"

"Basically yeah."

Chifuyu, after getting his questions answered, had sat down with the other two in the room. They had introduced themselves and were now awkwardly sharing the same sofa.

"Anyone wanna play Uno?" M/n questioned, breaking the atmosphere that was building up in the room.

"Sure-" Inui spoke but was cut off by the other.

"Nope. No way am I playing Uno with you. I've seen how you get. Nuh uh, no way." Chifuyu swiftly stated.

"I dont 'get' any way." M/n scowled.

"Yes you do."

"I do not."

"You do."

"Not."

"Do."

While the two were going back and forth, so were the blondes eyes. He was trying his best to follow what was going on but it was difficult.

'It must be nice being an idiot.'

"Hey um," Chifuyu spoke, "are you alright? Your face is all messed up and you look like a mummy."

"Uh yeah fine, ribs hurt a little but nothing too bad." The boy responded while petting the cat that had stuck by his side since he sat down, it purring quietly as it shoved its head into his hand.

"You've got broken ribs. I'd hardly call that fine." M/n deadpanned.

"I've had worse."

"That does not make it better."

"Not my problem."

"Yes, yes it is."

...

"So," Chifuyu said, cutting into the silence, "Uno?"

. . .

"HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!" The h/c haired boy laughed manically, "TAKE THAT 🚚ERS!!"

"See, this is what I meant when I said I knew how you get when playing Uno."

"Is he always like this?"

"He gets overly competitive."

"I can hear you you know."

"Good."

"Chifufu's so mean, don't listen to him Seishu."

"Hey!" Chifuyu yelled, offended, "How come he doesn't get a stupid nickname!?"

"Cuz I like him more."

Chifuyu huffed and Inui smiled in amusement of the childish arguments the two would have about what seemed to be anything – they would probably find some way to disagree with each other even if they whole-heartedly agreed with something.

Chifuyu stayed at m/n's for a while, the three talking about this and that before it got pretty late and his mum was asking when he would come back for tea. The boy excused himself, quickly mentioning that Rust and Peke J should have a cat play date sometime before leaving with a goodbye.

"He seems like a good friend." The scarred boy spoke.

"He's an ass." M/n quickly responded.

Seishu could only stare silently, watching as the boy walked off.