>>>< 39 ><<<

A/N Now I get to rewrite this whole interaction because I can't have Aiden practically kinda cheating on you so yay. I've kinda neglected this story, apologies. Any DSMP fans? I've updated a TON on my ao3 if you'd like to check that out. :)

>>>< Awkwaaaaaaard ><<<

The air was thick with tension between Ashlyn, Aiden, and I, after last night, and Tyler decided to try and get us to sort it out. With whatever the tension between Ashlyn and Aiden was, (And my slight jealousy, not that I would ever admit that) things were awkward.

"How are we supposed to 'celebrate' when you three are ruining the mood with awkwardness?"
"What Tyler means is that the three of you all seem quite tense- there's about 10 minutes before class, how about you guys all talk things out and we'll go grab some snacks?"

The twins left with Logan and Ben following, the three of us now standing in the middle of the stairwell. I was standing right near Aiden, more to the side and less involved. Aiden looked like he wanted to speak, letting the silence sit for a few moments before speaking, getting a sassy remark back.

"...Are you sure you should've come to school with your head injured like that, Ash?"
"...What about you? You're limping." Ah, that's right. Aiden practically begged me to let him come to school with that ankle before I had to give in.

"Yeah but, it's kinda my own fault haha."
"Haha?" She turned away, a troubled look on her face. "Maybe we should talk later, my head's throbbing.
"Ah- wait. Ashlyn."

He paused, sending me a small glance, letting me know his next statement was partially aimed at me as well. "...I'm sorry I put everyone in danger. I didn't think that by getting hurt, you guys would be put in so much danger, and that you would get hurt, Ash.... It's strange, befriending people. With my parents travelling all the time, I had to get used to passing the time by talking to random people, waiting for the next move. I never cared about any of them, and they never cared about me, but now, things are different with you guys."

She paused for a solid moment, and I showed my appreciation of Aiden's words by grabbing his hand and interlocking it with mine, as Ashlyn found her words.

"Listen, I'm not good at phrasing my words like Taylor is, so I'm just going to be blunt. Aiden, you're impulsive, pushy, annoying and have no concept of personal space. Y/n, you're also impulsive, distant, and have no regard for putting yourself in danger. Despite that, you guys are both great assets to the group and I couldn't imagine doing it without you. I would appreciate it if you listened to me more, maybe take things more seriously- even though I know how unlikely that is to happen -and... I'll also work on becoming more open with you all. I'm not under the illusion I'm the greatest to deal with since I never planned to be around anyone, but we can all just try our best, I guess?"

The tension crumbled, and for the smallest of moments, everything looked like it was going to be okay.

If only I knew back then just how wrong I was.

word count: 542