>>>< 44 ><<<

>>>< Something Strange ><<<

"What happened to you guys?" Ashlyn's father analyzed us each, a mild concerned undertone to his voice.

Taylor looked guilty, Tyler looked pissed, Ashlyn bothered, Aiden confused, Ben disgruntled, and Logan anxious. We were all scuffed, and I personally was hiding my finger that was bent in the wrong direction. We definitely looked like we had been in a fight, if you looked closely.

We made it back to the graveyard, sitting in our selected bus. Everyone sat in a large circle. Me, personally, sat next to Aiden on the top of a seat. He held my hand (the one without the broken finger) as we all sat in silence.

Tyler spoke his thoughts after minutes of pure silence. "So... you think the phantom dimension is influencing us?"
"Not only that but... I think we're also impacting the real world as well." Everyone was silent, Taylor voicing everyone's thoughts. "...What do we do?"

Ashlyn took the lead again, already with a plan. "I think things started to get out of control after Logan got upset..."
"...Maybe negative emotions can set that kind of reaction off?"
"So we should avoid getting too angry?"
"That's a good place to start."

I mumbled, mostly to myself. "But is the influence really a bad thing?" Those who heard me glanced over uneasily, opting to ignore me.

Everyone continued their conversation. "How are we going to do that when our entire situation is negative?"
"...I also don't think we can afford to be as careful as we have been. I was hoping we could take our time and figure things out as safely as possible but... we don't know how the dimension's influence over us will progress or how quickly. Alongside the possibility of us damaging the real world because of that influence." Ashlyn looked over to me as she said the last part, before continuing.

"We need to speed things up... and find a way to Savannah."

Time passed, and soon it was barbeque time. I had stayed at the Banner's since Aiden and Ben needed to get their family. There was a knock at the door, and Mike went to get it. I peered over his shoulder, waving to Aiden and his parents, to which Aiden shot a smile back.

"Hey, Mike! We brought some mac and cheese."
"Awesome! Come inside and you can just place it on the table. So you guys must be Ben's parents, Naomi and William, right?"
"Yes, it's nice to finally meet you haha."
"And you must be the Lily, the birthday girl!"

I quickly introduced myself to Ben's parents, then walked over to meet Lily. She was adorable. (Seems to run in the family, huh?)

Ben held her up as she spoke. "Yeah! That's me!"

There was another knock heard on the door, and from my spot next to Aiden, I could see it was Logan and his grandparents. Ashlyn brought the stash of candy over for Lily, scolding Aiden and smacking his hand away when he went to grab a piece. I grabbed one, only earning a glare from Ashlyn. Ah, the advantages of growing up in someone else's household.

Ashlyn's parents started whispering, then called to her. "Ashlyn, do you think you can wait here for the twins and bring them to the graveyard when they arrive?" "Yeah."

Everyone started to head towards the graveyard, but having forgot my phone at the house, I ran back. When I entered, I heard the door open, and Ashlyn being confused by whoever was there.

"Who are you?"

word count: 569