>>>< 49 ><<<

A/N: yes, tis I. I live, I'm back in all my wonderous glory. the people have spoken. a new chapter is here.
now, before I get started, I just wanna let you guys know I think I've decided on what imma do for the 100K special... two pieces, one being y/n x metal pole and the other being #justiceforben. :)

>>>< Reliving the Accident ><<<
>>>< Season 2 Premiere ><<<

The car jerked.

Everything was moving in slow motion again.

The impact as everyone was jolted from their seats.
Flashlights and other loose belongings knocked flying through the air.
The sound of the car door being abruptly slammed open.

It was all playing again, every second excruciatingly long as I watched Tyler hit the pavement and roll towards the cliffs' edge.

There was screaming.

I don't know what was being said.

I know I had grabbed Taylor and kept her from jumping out of the vehicle. She fought viciously, which I was only vaguely aware of. The scratch marks on my arms were the only reason I even knew she had fought me.

Mentally, my mind was still on the sickening sound of breaking tree branches. 

I was in shock, that was obvious. I wasn't mentally in the Jeep speeding down a dangerous path, being chased by a phantom bigger than my home.

Tyler, who had been the biggest jerk through most of our time in the phantom dimension. Tyler, the brother Taylor would spend hours fondly telling us about. Tyler, the teammate who cared, despite how bad he was at showing it.

There was no way he survived that fall.

I know at some point the Jeep swerved. I wasn't really paying attention though.

There was a heavy impact against a tree trunk as we drove recklessly through dense forest.

Again, there was screaming.

My ears rang and my heartbeat throbbed in the back of my head.

I didn't feel the impact.

I didn't feel anything.

I think my head hit the window. I'm not quite sure, but the glass was cracked.

The blood was dripping into my eye.

Taylor was sobbing into my shoulder, and one of my arms held her tight. She leaned into my embrace, still panicking.

As I started to come to my senses, I looked to Aiden, who appeared to have hit the airbag. Hopefully that had saved him from most of the impact.

The car had finally come to a stop.

My head was still foggy.

Tyler.

Tyler.

There was no way he was really gone, right?

Not in the real world... right?

I heard bones snap.

I know I did.

I held Taylor close as it started to sink in.

Everyone was still dazed.

For once, things seemed kind of quiet. We were all still in shock and pain.

Things were not quiet.

word count: 428