Undecided

Thank y'all so much for the support you've given me on this book!! It means a lot and I hope I don't disappoint you with it! Enjoy!

WritingMelody<3

~

I went to school the next day and it was a half day. I was going to attempt to ask out Cody. I mean, George was right—I needed to take risks. So, I made sure I looked pretty. I wore an orange shirt my mom had given me, some awesome blue jeans, and my silver glittery flats. I made sure my hair looked pretty too—straight. I did some makeup (blush, mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss and eyebrow pencil) and thought I looked acceptable.

In school, I was nervous. For all sorts of reasons. There was Jeffery, Cody... Would today be my day? Maybe... Hopefully. So I waited for fifth period. Even though we had fourth period—chemistry, yes, I know chemistry class, and chemistry the spark or whatever—together, he sat at a different table and talked to his friends. Fifth period, I sat right next to him. And my chemistry teacher knew that I liked Cody—she got it out of me.

So when fifth period rolled around, we sat down and I set my calculator the correct way. I looked at Cody who was doing the same thing. We started this a couple months ago. But I just started liking him about a month ago. I remembered one day, I embarrassed myself in front of Cody:

I was talking to one of my friends named Christy—she sat behind Cody—and then Dallas came up to us and said, “Y'all should come sit with me and my cousin.”

So when we stood, I figured Cody was coming, too. Dallas had been talking to Cody, too. But when I looked up after sitting down, Cody was sitting by himself. I told Dallas, his cousin Steve, and my friend Christy, I'd be back. I walked up to Cody, who was doing his work.

Hey, uh,” I cleared my throat. “you should come sit with us back there.”

There's not enough room, I don't think,” he said looking to where we had moved to.

Sure, you can grab a rolly-chair,” I threw out there.

He began to laugh at me.

What?” I asked.

If you're worried about me, I'm fine, Bella.”

I opened my mouth to respond and put my hand on the desk. “You know what...?” I looked at him through my lashes and he still had the same look on his face. I looked back down at the desk and said, “I, uh... I'm gonna sit down.”

I hurriedly walked back to the desk behind Dallas's and covered my face, laughing.

What are you laughing at?” Dallas laughed at me.

Oh, other than the fact I completely embarrassed myself?” I shook my head, laughing a little more before attempting my Algebra 2 work.

“Hey, do you...?” I looked at him, but I wasn't sure if he was listening. I sighed. Christy walked in and looked from Cody to me.

“Did you ask?” she mouthed, as she sat behind him.

“I can't,” I whispered.

“Want me to do it for you?” she whispered.

“No,” I laughed, shaking my head. “Don't.”

Christy and I had erupted into laughter and Cody just looked at us like we were crazy. “What are you two laughing at?”

“Nothing,” I jumped before Christy could try and ruin it.

I'd told Christy about my plan of attempting to ask him out earlier on, but I was also half asleep, so I didn't remember that well.