Realization

Okay, so the winner of the conest was blue_fireworks!! Congrats, girl! And LookingForMeLove, your cover was amazing, so this is also dedicated to you, too! Thank y'all for entering! And for the rest of my readers, please enjoy this chapter!!

~

The next morning, I was walking to first period, when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Bella!" Jeffery's voice said.

I faced him and gave off a convincing smile. "Hi."

"How are you?" he hugged me.

"I'm good," I gave him a thumbs up before speed-walking into my classroom.

After finishing my work, there were fifteen minutes left of class. So I got to thinking about the note. It was out of my character to do something like this, but I wanted to know. And I didn't want to be one of those women who just waited. So, I took a piece of paper and wrote a note. I couldn't exactly remember what I'd written.

In fourth period, I looked over at my chemistry teacher who was getting everything ready for class and I casually slipped the note onto Cody's desk. I went to my seat and ducked by my desk, so he wouldn't be able to see me if he read the note. I saw his legs come into view and he didn't sit for a while. I guessed he was reading. I slowly came into view and sat on my stool. I looked out from the corner of my eye and saw the Cody's friends were surrounding him. Was that supposed to be a good thing?

"Okay, y'all, sit down," Mrs. E said.

Everyone settled into their seats and we went over notes and homework from last night. I kept thinking about how fifth period would go... Would he say anything? We were gonna find out soon.

When the bell rang, I scrambled to pick up my things and exited the class. "Bye, Mrs. E, see you tomorrow!"

"Bye, Bella," she called back.

I walked into Algebra 2 and sat next to Cody. "So did you understand what went on last period?"

"Yeah, I guess," he shrugged.

"It's really easy, sort of," I shrugged.

He never brought up my note.

"Hey!" Dallas rolled his chair over to us.

I rolled my eyes, laughed. "Why are you using a low voice?"

"Because I can," he said, laughing-still using his deep voice.

"You're so weird," I shook my head at him.

"I don't care," he shrugged.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, how are we doing today?" my Algebra 2 teacher asked, walking over to her desk.

Dallas rolled his chair back over to his desk and I shook my head to myself. We did a review and Christy was at home. She got sick. Next thing I knew, Dallas was sitting behind me.

"What are you doing over here?" I looked at him, laughing.

"Doing my work," he shrugged, stating the obvious.

"You know what I mean," I told him.

"I felt like it," he said.

I just smiled at him. Dallas was like my big brother. I could go to him for anything. He always helped me out. He was my only friend in Driver's Ed. I remember the first day of driver's ed.

I walked in, hugging my driver's ed binder to my chest and I scanned the giant classroom, hoping to find someone I knew. Then, at the front, sat Dallas. I exhaled with relief and sat next to him.

"You are my life support for this class," I laughed, sitting beside him.

"Sure thing," he laughed at me.

We didn't sit together anymore. Our teacher put the class in alphabetical order. And his last name started with a W, while mine started with a D. So he sat in the back, I sat in the front. But he was the "class clown." If the answer was correct, he'd say incorrect. One time, our teacher asked if someone got a negative five on a test and Dallas raised his hand to be silly. Dallas's family was a lot like mine. Very musical. Very fun. Very out there-in a good way. And, he and I are both in choir.

Dallas can really sing. Like... This guy is amazing! He was even in the talent show. He had a powerful voice. I wasn't sure if he'd ever heard me sing before... Has he? I'd have to ask him. All throughout the day, my mind was racing. And after driver's ed, I was in the truck with my parents, telling them about Dallas.

"Mom, I'm telling you, Dallas is so hilarious," I laughed.

"Has Cody given you an answer?" Mom asked.

"No, but I'm sure he'll say no," I shrugged. "Anyways, when I was chasing Dallas around the parking lot of Street Smart-"

"You notice that, Dad?" Mom looked at my dad. "We talk about Cody for a split second and then go right back to Dallas."

"Yeah, I noticed," Dad nodded.

"I was telling y'all a genius-or what I thought was genius at the time-that happened during the chase," I explained.

"Well, it sounds to me like Dallas likes you," Dad said.

"What?" I laughed. "No way. He's not into me."

"Him taking your phone so you could chase him? Sounds like flirting to me," Dad shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom?"

"I..." Mom said in her "no comment" voice.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Y'all have fun together," Mom said. "That's what it's all about. Do you like Dallas?"

I was at loss for words. "No. I... I mean, no. He's a good guy and everything.... Like, I don't know what I'd do if he asked me out. I mean," I ran a hand through my side-bangs. "It's not like I haven't wondered about it..."

Shit. My mom had me second guessing myself again. I don't like Dallas. Not like that. A small whisper in the back of my mind disagreed, but I don't like him that way. I don't, I don't, I don't. Do I?

Shit.

~

So????????? THOUGHTS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha. Do y'all think she likes Dallas or no?? Do you think Cody will say yes to her?? Does anyone like Dallas yet?? Lemme know!

WritingMelody<3