𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

Ophelia

I smile and wave at the women walking towards me. "Hey, it's so good to see you." Kelly says as she gives me a big hug. After her come Charlotte and Isa. "Hey girl, how have you been holding up?" Charlotte asks as we sit down.

"Could be better," I answer honestly. "The last few days have been hell. First I was sick and then the whole circus about the picture. It didn't help that Lando was busy and everything just happened at once and they weren't the best days of my life." I ramble with a little chuckle. "But it's okay now. I didn't get mobbed yet, because I was here very early and I had the day off yesterday and Thursday, so I haven't seen much of the fans. I am kind of scared to be honest."

Kelly takes my hand and smiles at me. "I know it can be scary. I speak for all of us when I say we know what you're going through and if there is anything we can do, just text or call like the other day." I smile at her, she is so sweet.

Kelly is quite a bit older than me, but we still relate very much. She is the sweetest person and we talked for almost an hour the other night. I told her about my doubts of being enough for Lando and fears about the feelings we have for each other. She told me about the break-up with Daniil and the hate she gets for being with Max. I asked her about the threads and she admitted that at first they were scary, but she has been dating Max for long enough now to know that those threads never really get carried out. That was a little consolation

"Yeah really Lia. And Lando will have your back, I am sure of it. You are precious to him," Isa smiles and I feel a blush creep onto my face. "Is it really that visible?" I mumble and the three women laugh at that.

"Girl, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped down on one knee and proposed tomorrow." Charlotte laughs. "Like really. He would let the whole world fall if that would make you happy."

I look at them with a horror expression. "I hope he doesn't, I'm not ready for that yet." Kelly shrugs. "I think it would be cute if Max asked me." We all turn our heads at her and I pull up my brows. "Someone is fishing for a proposal, did he let something slip?" I ask her with excitement.

"Sadly no, but I just mean I would love to have him by my side for the rest of my life. He's P's bonus dad and he's just the love of my life." She swoons over her own thoughts and I look at her with admiration. "It would be very sweet. Maybe after his next championship win." Isa says and pokes Kelly in her waist. She jolts up and we laugh with each other. "If he wins," Charlotte adds with a pugnacious look at Kelly, who in her turn stares back at the Monegasque. Then Charlotte makes a kissing face and Kelly laughs.

"Well I don't think we are going to get the championship this year, but maybe next year when I'm officially part of the team," I chime in excitedly. They look at me with great eyes and I laugh at them. "Omg, they offered you a job?!" Charlotte cheers. I nod at them, beaming with happiness. "I will be junior assistant manager, public relations of McLaren. It's basically what I'm doing right now, but with a little more and paid." I explain and they congratulate me happily. "That calls for celebration, lunch is my treat." Isa says. We thank her and order our meal.

The rest of lunch is relaxed and we talk about everything and nothing. It's great to have like minded people to hang out with who also happen to be around my work space a lot. Those girls have grown more on me than I expected and I enjoy the moment intensely.

"Are you feeling okay Lia? You haven't eaten much." Charlotte asks all of a sudden. I look at my chicken salad and see she is right. "I hadn't noticed, just not that hungry I guess." I pick up my fork and start eating a little.

"Do you already know what caused you to be sick last week?" Kelly asks and I shake my head as my mouth is full of chicken. "How sick were you?" Isa ads, now also concerned. I swallow before answering. "I had a stomach bug or something. I kept throwing up and had a severe headache all week."