𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆.

Lando

"It is so bloody hot around here." Ophelia wipes her forehead, removing the sweat that was building there. I laugh at her and pull a face. "Quit whining, you are not the one that needs to race in a hot car, with a hot engine behind you."

She smiles at me with a smug expression. "That thought actually makes this evening a little better." I push her off the barstool, making her laugh even harder. "I hate you." I groan at her. "No, you love me," she reacts, giving me a small kiss. I smile into the kiss and grab her neck to prolong the moment.

We've been here since Wednesday and I've enjoyed every moment of it. All week I've been taking pictures of everything and everyone around me. Ophelia being in most of the pictures. Which drove her crazy and I kindly reminded her that she was the one that gave me the camera. This resulted in one of our little banters with the outcome that she took my camera away for the whole evening yesterday.

It was fine, because we needed a moment for just the two of us. Asia is always amazing, but the fans are almost as intense as in the United States. Last night after qualifying we went out and had an amazing dinner on the rooftop of one of the highest hotels in Singapore. The view was amazing and she actually brought my camera to capture that moment. That picture was now printed and framed, standing in my driver room.

"True, I do." I kiss her nose, before hearing smacking sounds from next to us. Daniel was standing there with his back turned to us, hugging himself and making kissing noises. I rolled my eyes at the Australian man in front of me. "Very mature, mate."

"You are the ones making out in the middle of the hospitality!" Daniel defends himself, but his face is all smirks, indicating that he is just teasing me. Like always. I feel a small sting in my stomach when I remember to enjoy these moments before he leaves next season. Shaking it off me I laugh at him and throw one of the mini balls lying around at his head. "Find somewhere else to be annoying."

He scoffs dramatically, while catching the ball. Making a big show of it he throws it back at me. "Oh no, I am not staying in between this." Lia protects her head before heading out of the hallway to stand on a safe distance, while Daniel and I pass the time until Will comes to me to get me into the garage. "Yeah, let's go." I quickly sprint to where Ophelia is sitting looking at her phone.

"Got to go, are you watching from the garage?" I sneak my arm around her before kissing her goodbye. "Yep, I'll follow you." We walk together and part ways when I go to the data wall looking over the last things before the race and leave my girlfriend with the others, where she puts on a set of headphones.

Before I get into the car I turn around looking at her. I am met with two thumbs up and then she lifts three fingers, as to say I will get P3 today. With a chuckle to myself I get into the car. She is so supportive and positive, but still realistic. I feel like this could be a good day. Rain is a condition I can work with very well, in contrast to some of the drivers starting in front of me.

Driving the out lap I try to feel the grip, or actually the lack thereof, on my tires and the car. "Okay, let's do this. We will possibly be driving on time, so keep that in mind." I hear will over the radio. Due to the start delay and the weather, which could cause some problems, we will likely be driving a shorter race than normal. "Copy."

20 drivers line up for the red lights and I take a breath. When the red lights are out I push and manage to have a great start. Alonso is already disappearing from my view and I try to concentrate on the red Ferrari in front of me when I see Lewis going wide, losing his position to Carlos. When he re-joins the track I keep pressure on the Mercedes. Unfortunately I can't keep up with the silver arrow and let it go, keeping my head down and focusing on my own grip and pace.