𝟎𝟑 | 𝐒𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐞

"To heal your wound, you need to stop touching it..."

T H E dinner was nice and Aliya really enjoyed it

T H E dinner was nice and Aliya really enjoyed it. They were driving back home. The weather was chilly, it was dark and there was no one on the roads. Aliya rolled down the window a little and enjoyed the chilly breeze. She smiled, night was always her favorite. She loved the vibes at night.

"Do you prefer day or night ?" She asked out of the blue, she wanted to know more about him. Even small details.

Adam gave her a quick glance before looking back at the road. "Day." Could he tell her why he didn't like nights? No, he can't tell her the darkness of the night is smothering to him. She won't consider him a man anymore.

"Why ?" Turning her full attention to him, she asked.

"I just do." He didn't want to tell her why, hence he lied.

"Let's play twenty questions ?" She suggested with a bright smile.

"It's a childish game." He replied, curtly.

"It's not because you have aged that you can't be a child anymore. There is always a child hidden in us. If you think it's a childish game, then be it." She shrugged. "I'll go first. What's your best memory ?" If only she knew how painful the question was for him, she would've never asked.

He never wanted to be a child again. His childhood and innocence was brutally robbed from him.

Adam's hold tightened on the steering wheel. "I don't have any."

"Then we will make many's in the future Insh'Allah." Her reply caught him off guard. He wasn't expecting this. Their future ?

"What's your best memory as a child ?" The words left his mouth before he could stop them.

"Probably with my brothers. They are blessings in my life, I have many memories that I cherish but the day Aliyan was born is a special one." Her smile was genuine, she remembered that day like it was yesterday.

Suddenly, the car stopped making them shut. "What happened ?" Aliya asked, the road was quit dull and the gigantic trees were making it look scarier.

"I'll check the car, don't come outside." Aliya knew better than to disobey him. She nodded with an innocent face, Adam took his phone and lighten the torch option on it.
He opened the hood of the car and checked it. Aliya scrolled on her phone, playing some games. She was patiently waiting for her husband.

A few minutes after, Adam came back in the car. "What is it ?"

"I don't know, the car seems fine to me and the tires as well. Their must be a problem with the wires or something. I called the mechanic, and he will take an hour to reach." Adam informed her, to be honest Aliya was very tired her heels were hurting her feet, so was Adam.