𝟎𝟔 | 𝐒𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐞

"Good things takes time to come..."

T H E I R relationship was getting better day by day

T H E I R relationship was getting better day by day. The very next day after their reconciliation, Adam had started to visit a psychologist. He was healing each day, slowly but affectively. Sharing his past trauma, and telling each and every details of those nightmares and memories he had. Surely, it was difficult at first but it was worth it.

"That smile of yours, I see it everyday now. What is it? My bhabi's magic on you?" Sarim teased him, he took a big bite of his shwarma after giving him a knowing smile.

"I love her, Sarim. She is the light at the end of the tunnel. She is my shining moon in the darkness of the night. She is perfect for me. I don't know what I would've done if Allah didn't put her in my life. Would I have ever found happiness ?" The way his eyes shone when he talked about her was the same love Sarim held for his wife.

His best friend was as whipped as him.

"You got what you deserved brother. In the end your hardship and patience paid." Adam nodded, he completely agreed with the fact.

Sarim's phone started ringing, "Begum ki call hai, I better get going. You also go home, someone's waiting for you." Sarim gave him a knowing smile, winked at him and left the cabin after picking up his wife's call.

Adam finished the little work he had left, and packed up his laptop and stuff.

***

Aliya heard the bell and opened the door in hurry, she was waiting for her husband for a while. She finished her house chores and was getting bored, so she beautified herself for Adam. Maybe, something will happen today.

With a huge smile, she opened the door. "As-salamu alaykum!" Her soft smile made Adam smile automatically.

"Wa'alaykum assalam.." He replied eagerly. She took his bag and he kissed her forehead lovingly. Putting the bag aside, she got him a glass of water.

Adam drank the water, and patted the space beside him on the couch. "How was your day at work ?" Adam leaned on the couch and hugged her from behind. Aliya's back was touching his chest.

"It was good actually, our meeting with the Japanese company was successful, we got the contract." He buried his head in his neck, hugging her tighter. Her smell was like home to him, sweet and vanilla.

Aliya was really happy for him. He deserved everything and more. "Your hardwork paid." He hummed and kissed her neck making her breath stop in her throat.

"You look gorgeous, royal blue is definitely your color." Aliya blushed red at his compliment. It was so genuine, from the heart. She had many compliments before but compliments from her husband always hit different. "Aww, my Aliya is shy ?" He turned her face around and teased her.