Chapter ten

Bonnie wasn't informed on whether demons needed food to survive, but proven by the rumbling of her stomach at the first sight of a meal, she did

The take away they had found themselves in wasn't the finest of establishments. It was a place that perhaps health and safety missed on their roster a couple of times. However, it smelled good from outside, and often the places that looked the worst produced the most surprising results. In kebab ratings anyway. Plus, nestled under a brick walkway and cobbled street, its flickering lights outside weren't easy to see, and it seemed that only the people who knew of it were coming through the door.

Bonnie had been patient. She hadn't pressed them to talk the entire time they were ordering, instead letting them sit and mull over their own woes while boozy adolescents jostled them. And then, once they'd got to the unnervingly sticky table at the front window, they'd both barely looked up as they jabbed the overcooked brown meat with their plastic forks.

But as more people left, leaving only a few drunk stragglers who were attempting to get their cheese covered chips into their mouths, she'd had enough.

"Right," she announced, as she licked garlic sauce from her index finger. "Who wants to start?"

Kimaris picked up the soggy end of his pita bread and wrinkled his nose at it, his attitude to the question equally unenthusiastic. Meanwhile, the only visible parts of Gremory were his shoulders as he inhaled the food, deaf to her question.

After a moment of silence, Bonnie clicked her tongue. "No one? Okay." She pulled out the earrings and placed them on the table between them, careful not to touch where an unknown substance had discoloured it. "How about we start with these?"

Kimaris glanced over the lid of his polystyrene box with vague interest before slapping a hand onto Gremory's back.

"You're up, mullet boy."

The blonde lifted his head from behind his container, an unimpressed glare thrown as he wiped his full mouth with the back of his hand. He strained to swallow, and slowly his puffed cheeks receded. Kimaris grimaced and closed his box, moving it to the side with the tips of his fingers.

"Very appetising."

"Don't judge me, I'm hungry."

Bonnie shook her head at the two of them, her finger tapping the same spot on the table. "Hello? I'd like some answers please?"

Gremory shrugged his shoulders, running his tongue along his teeth as he removed pieces of food. "About the earrings? I don't know what else there is to know."

Bonnie let out a laugh of disbelief. "Maybe why you clearly used me to get them near Poyel?"

"Well pink isn't really Kimaris' colour, and as much as I love my bone structure, I think he might have noticed them on me."

Greeted by only the deadpanned expression on Bonnie's face, he stopped his excuse. With a sigh, he glanced around before leaning forward on his elbows, a downturn to his lips as he spoke.