Chapter thirteen

There were three things that happened once their feet touched ground

One, they ran because the cave was under an outhouse beside Boleskine House and workers would definitely come to see what the noise was and check for any damage.

Two, Bonnie came to the realisation that she had indeed killed a demon, and she wasn't entirely sure how to process that.

And three... Kimaris asked for his arrow back.

"I don't have it."

Bonnie knew her voice would shake before she even spoke. She could see that these things were important to him, but hoped his life was worth more.

Kimaris came to an abrupt halt making Gremory run into the back of him.

"What?" he asked, turning to her with brows almost touching and lines deeper than she had ever seen as he shoved the blonde off of him. "What do you mean 'you don't have it'? I gave it to you to hold!"

Bonnie looked over at Gremory whose own brows were almost in his hairline, his mouth pulled in a grimace that explained she was in for a tough time.

"I mean I don't have it, I threw it at a demon."

They were standing on the edge of a hill that, if Bonnie hadn't just been running over, she would have thought looked beautiful. They obviously couldn't have gone back the way they came, after all they hadn't been allowed through the gate let alone anywhere else. Plus, she had a feeling that the groundskeeper was already going to have them in mind if they needed a suspect, so they'd taken off the back way, towards the wilderness.

Her legs regretted that decision. And her arms—she hadn't exactly dressed for high altitude.

"Are you serious?" Kimaris asked, his shoulders scrunching as his fingers wrapped into his hair. "Why in all hellscape would you do that!"

Gremory quickly held his hands out, trying to calm him down as he went to push past and head back down the hill they'd just ascended.

"Hey! Hey! You can't go back there!"

"Did you not hear that she just left one of my arrows there because she tried to throw it at a demon!"

"Yes," Gremory grunted, shoving him back with force and making him stumble a few steps. "But that would be stupid—Bifrons is contained in there, if you go he'll overpower you, you know that!"

They continued to struggle until Kimaris let out a growl and turned to look at Bonnie, his seething anger making his stormy eyes even more volatile. "What was the point?"

Rage engulfed Bonnie as he stood shouting at her, his teeth gritted and waiting for an answer. The laugh that left her was dark as she threw her arms out, gesturing wildly around her.