14. This Is Getting Out Of Hand

"What the hell!" I huffed at mom as she came into the living room and paused my movie.

"It's 1:30," she said pointedly, as if I had a clue what she was talking about.

"Okay...but why are you telling me?"

Mom sighed. "Because Ethan, support group is in half an hour, and you need to get ready for it."

Crap... I forgot.

"I don't feel like going." I shrugged and yanked my blanket up higher, snuggling into the couch.

"Ethan, you haven't left this house in over a week. Dr. K gave you the okay to leave three days ago."

I was well aware of when I could leave my protective isolation (which basically meant I had to stay in the house, so I wouldn't get sick again). I could have left the house three days ago, but I've chosen not too, complaining of fatigue or pain, when in actuality, it was something else. Or should I say, someone else.

There was one person in particular that I haven't been able to stop thinking about for over a week that was keeping me prisoner. A certain dark-haired, blue-eyed, makeup-wearing someone that has not only kept me physically prisoner from fear of seeing him again, but mentally, as I literally can't stop thinking about him.

"Please don't make me go," I whined.

She dug her hand into her hip, a stern look filling her eyes that told me this wasn't up for discussion. "Ethan, I know you feel completely fine, so you can't use that excuse again. You're not running a fever. And if you had a headache you wouldn't be watching The Avengers."

I opened my mouth to argue with her, then snapped it shut as she had a point. She and I both knew I felt fine. "Fine, I'll go!" I groaned.

"Good. Now, go get ready," mom replied smugly.

After quickly showering and changing, I headed downstairs again.

"You ready to go, bud?" dad asked as I came down the stairs.

"Uh, yeah. I guess," I replied.

"Alright, let's get going. I'm gonna drop you off, then go to the store while I'm waiting." Dad grabbed his keys and shoved his feet into a pair of flip-flops.

"I'm cool with that as long as you pick me back up." I sent him a smug smirk and crossed my arms over my chest.

Dad rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on, that was one time."

"Yeah, it was only one time, but you were gone for so long Jeff had to drive me home."

"You better watch out, or I might just leave your ass there again." Dad returned the smirk.

"I'm sure," I replied sarcastically as he and I both knew that wasn't true.

"What's with the outfit?" Drew interjected with a smirk pulling at his lips.

"What's wrong with it?" I self consciously looked down at the outfit I'd chosen, not sure what was wrong with it. I was wearing a white Henley t-shirt under a red flannel, a pair of dark jeans, and a gray beanie.

"It's a little fancy for support group. Doesn'teveryone usually wear pajamas to support group?" Drew said while widely smirking at me.

"You look fine, sweetheart," mom assured me.

"I'm not saying he looks bad. It just looks like something he would wear on a date or something..." Drew paused to glance at me with a strange look in his eyes. "You know if you were taking a certain new kid out..."