17. Beach Date

After showering, shaving, and changing into the outfit Abby picked out for me, I headed downstairs.

My family was stuffing their mouth's full of pizza as they watched Family Feud, occasionally suggesting their own answer's to the questions. It's basically a nightly tradition for us to sit down, eat, watch Family Feud, and try to get as many answers correct as we can.

My stomach growled at the delicious scent coming from the pizza. I was fucking starving even though I ate lunch and breakfast today. For the first time this week.

I headed into the living room and sat on the couch, nervously fidgeting as I waited for Leo to show up.

"I thought you said you were hanging out with Leo?" mom questioned as she suspiciously examined my outfit.

Drew snorted, and I sent him a glare. "We're going to a party after we eat."

Jesus Eath, that sounds so fucking fake.

Mom glanced from Dad to me with a confused look in her eyes. "Are you feeling alright, because you're..."

Tthe doorbell rang then, which cut her off.

"I'll see you later," I blurted as I jumped up from the couch.

I hurried over to the door and glanced out the peephole making sure it was actually Leo. I opened the door and stood there frozen as I looked Leo up and down. He was wearing navy blue short-sleeved button-down with tiny sailboats on it, all the buttons except for the top two we're buttoned, and a pair of dark, skinny jeans. His damp hair was curling out from a backward baseball cap, and a pair of aviator sunglasses hung from his shirt.

"You look..." His gave me a nervous smile as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "Really nice."

I smiled. "Thanks...you too."

He pulled a hand out of his pocket and gestured to his car parked out in front of my house. "Shall we?"

"Uh, yeah..." I called a quick goodbye to my family before stepping outside and closing the door behind me.

Leo backed up enough for me to lock the door, and when I turned around he was standing so close to me I could smell the musky scent of his cologne.

He slipped his hand under my chin, forcing me to look into his eyes. "You look so handsome," he whispered, his warm minty breath fanning against my skin.

"Um, thanks." I awkwardly fidgeted.

He grabbed my hand, then he intertwined our fingers together.

Leo gently tugged me down the porch steps, and I managed to get my legs working well enough to follow him.

"I like your nails, by the way. Simple, yet pretty," Leo said as he opened the door for me.

I glanced down at my nails, the sunlight catching the shiny polish. "Thanks, Abby did them." I slid into the car, situating myself in the seat.

Leo shut the door and jogged around the car before sliding in behind the wheel.

"Your welcome." He sent me a smile, his eyes dancing with humor. "And why did Abby get the privilege of painting your nails?"

"What do you mean?"

He glanced at me, his eye dancing with mischief before he slid his sunglasses back on. "I wanted to take your painted nail virginity," he said seriously to the road.

My cheeks didn't just burn after he said that, they were scorching. I'm surprised they didn't just burn right off my face, honestly.

I laughed and bit my lip.