Chapter 3

She undressed and then got in the shower, taking deep breaths as the water ran over her body. Leah had come to terms with Marc and Steven being one person and yet different, but with Jake everything changed. However, she wondered why he was so angry with her...she hadn't done anything to him and her finding out about his existence was by accident. Leah had also never said that Marc should give up being the avatar of Khonsu. But she loved both men and didn't want to leave them, so she had to somehow manage to get along with Jake. When she heard banging on the door, she winced. "Leah? Please, it's Steven," he said, and she stepped out of the shower.

"Go away...I need some time to myself..." she said softly as she wrapped a towel around herself.

"Please...Talk to us if something happens is...", Marc then asked and she felt tears in her eyes and put a hand on the door.

"I...It's all right," she then said. Of course she could tell them what had happened in the kitchen, but what good would it do? They couldn't protect her from part of them.

She heard Marc sigh. "Leah..."

"Please...just give me time to myself..." she said softly. She then heard him walk away from the door and leaned against it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

She couldn't stop thinking about him and wondering why he was doing all this, even after several days. Leah closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Is everything okay?" asked Steven behind her. She opened her eyes and suddenly looked at him angrily.

"Does it look like everything's fine?" she asked aloud, and he looked at her in surprise.

"I-" he began as she stepped toward him.

"What did I do to you? Huh, Jake?" she asked, "What did I do to make you do this to me? Hurt me? Take me against my will? Come on, answer me! You dirty bastard! What did I do but worry about my friend when I didn't know about you when he came home covered in blood? I never did anything wrong!"

Suddenly Jake took control of the body and grabbed her by her arms. "Never done anything wrong? You took away the only sense I had! I was happy being the avatar of Khonsu and being able to protect people from what happened to me!"

She looked at him in surprise and understood what it was about there that he was doing all this to her, it was revenge.... Leah pulled herself out of his grip. "I accepted that they did this! For crying out loud! They wanted to stop this and live a normal life because they realized that Khonsu doesn't want to do anything good, but would always pursue his own goals! You saw what happened in Cairo!" she shouted loudly at him, "So don't blame me for everything!" -Her eyes filled with tears- "All I did was accept and love them both and how could they have known you existed? You didn't want them to know!" -Jake was silent, surprised by her reaction- "You don't want something like you to happen to others? Then why do you keep hurting me?"

"Because-" he began, but stopped himself. "Because it's easier to hurt you than anything else." She raised her hand and slapped him across the face with the flat of her hand. He then grabbed her and she resisted his grip.

"Go ahead...Hurt me...Rape me...Do it..." she said, taking a deep breath and looking at him with tears in her eyes. "I can't do anything against you and I'm not going to leave, I'm going to stay with Marc and Steven..." His expression changed for a moment, but he quickly hid the emotion again before she could see it. He closed his eyes again and gave control back to Marc.

"What happened?" he asked directly, "Did he..." She shook her head directly and just started crying against his chest.