fourty two

After I quickly explained to her that I made everyone lie to her for this, she was fussing at Luke for lying to her, but yet thanking us all.

My mom hugged us both, taking multiple pictures, I was surprised she was holding it together- she had been crying all day from the minute I told her that it was time.

Noah gave us both hugs, patting me a little extra letting me know, someone told him

And soon, her and I were walking out hand in hand, Harry and Luke prepared to drive us to the restaurant.

They dropped us off at one, Harry giving me a credit card and telling me to "go crazy" before telling me to text them ten minutes before we were ready to go.

We went in, using reservations under my name, immediately being brought to a table.

And we talked as if all of this was normal.

She didn't ask questions, she was so happy.

She complimented me more times than I could count.

I complimented her as much as I could, but I was more focused on breathing than anything else.

After we ate, she took several pictures of me, making me start mocking her, taking pictures of her taking pictures of me.

I took one just as she laughed, admiring her.

I immediately set it as my Lock Screen, placing that in my brain as my new favorite picture.

An hour later, we sent the text to Luke and Harry and I soon walked her out.

"Where to now?" She laughed as we got in the car.

"The park" Luke spoke, knowing that was the spot I picked to do it.

"Cute" she smiled happily.

Oh how I would miss that smile in just a few minutes.

I got a blanket, her and I walking hand in hand into the park, which was lit up by Christmas lights.

We shared a few kisses, let her take timer pictures on her phone as many times as she wanted.

And soon we were sitting by the pond, on the blanket, myself holding her as close to me as I could.

"So baby, I have to talk to you." I mumbled.

She looked to me, her smile never fading.

"What's wrong?" She asked, touching my cheek gently.

I looked away, exhaling

"It's okay, you can talk to me- you know that." She spoke quietly.

I stared to her beautiful face.

"I can't fight it anymore" her smile dropped.

"No baby, don't say that-" " my oxygen isn't even helping anymore." I saw the realization of what I was telling her sink into her face.

"And tomorrow is the day that we have been talking about for a very long time." I broke the news to her, I watched tears immediately form in her eyes.

"Oh no- baby" her voice cracked.

"I don't want you to cry" I whispered to her, knowing if she did, I would.

"I can't not cry." She immediately failed, a tear sliding down her face.

I hugged her, feeling my own tears falling as well.

"I'm so sorry" I cried into her.

She hugged me tighter.

"It's okay" she spoke after maybe ten minutes of us just sitting silently, crying

"I know it- I give you a week in the coma and then we are going to get you some lungs." She wiped her tears as she spoke.

"You're right." I fed into her hope.

She seemed to be the only one to still have that.

"And then you're going to get your brand new lungs and you're going to be cancer free" she started crying again as she spoke

"And then you and I are going to get married." She cried out.

"And we are going to spend every single second of the rest of our lives together because we have a connection that no one else has." She cried, letting me wipe her tears as she did.

"And then we are going to say fuck the percentages on my fertility and we are going to have a shitton of babies- like seven at the least-" she managed to make us both laugh through our tears, making me pull her into a tighter hug.

"You are going to make it, you have to make it."