ten

Luke.

I walked into Montana's room, it was around lunch time, I knew Noah had left to get her lunch, so I waited to return before joining them.

As soon as I fully entered, I saw Noah standing from beside Montana- her sleeping body telling me he wasn't successful in waking her up.

"She's not even reacting to me" he laughed lightly, making me move to her.

"Montana, sweetheart- it's lunch" I spoke, barely placing my hand on her shoulder, immediately waking her.

An unfamiliar touch would wake anyone, and I knew that.

She rubbed her eyes lightly, not making any noises.

"Feeling okay?" I asked her, glancing to her vitals, seeing that her blood pressure was a little high.

"I'm tired" she mumbled out quietly.

"Eat a little for all of us and you can go back to sleep" I bribed her, seeing her give Noah and I the smallest nod.

Noah sat in the bed with her, the two of them quietly eating and talking as I updated her chart.

"My mom and dad okay?" I heard her ask, making me look to them.

"Y-yeah" Noah spoke quietly, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Don't worry about them" he spoke after, grabbing her hand, giving it a squeeze.

She ate a little less than I would've liked- but I took what I got.

I watched her lay down, Noah crawling under the sheets due to her requests.

They watched a movie- Noah holding her as if she was the only thing he had left for himself.

"Okay, I'll be back in about fifteen minutes, push the nurses button if you need anything" I nodded to Noah, seeing him slowly nod.

Less than five minutes later, I was paged back to her room.

"She's asleep but she's shaking so bad, I'm not sure what's going on-" Noah was purely panicking, now standing beside the bed, looking at the monitors, which were stable.

"Chills are very normal and dramatic for chemo patients." I informed him slowly, grabbing an extra blanket and throwing it over the one she already had on her, covering her arms with it.

"So it's just chills?" He asked me.

"Yeah- the medicine gives her the shakes and then she's also technically sick so she might have a little fever that's causing more chills." I spoke as I grabbed a thermometer, running it across her forehead as she slept deeply.

"Shit- sorry I hit the button then, it just scared me, it started out of nowhere." He spoke.

"No reason to be sorry, it doesn't matter how small it seems, if you think for a second that it's not normal, page me." I nodded to him, seeing him nod back carefully.

Noah.

I thanked Dr.Hemmings more than enough times, causing him to laugh lightly before dismissing himself, telling me he would be doing rounds.

I sat with Montana, occupying my mind with job searches, knowing I was postponing a few local job interviews until I knew she was comfortable, but knowing I needed to get to it soon.

About an hour later Montana woke up and was moody from the second I spoke to her.

"You okay?" I asked her as she rubbed her eyes slowly.

"I don't feel good." She told me slowly, making me nod, touching my hand to her forehead, not feeling much heat- just a little clammy.

"Want me to page the doctor to see if you can take any medicines?" I asked her, seeing her immediately shake her head towards me.

I laid in bed with her, feeling her body rest against mine firmly.

"I want to shower." She suddenly announced, moving to stand.

"Wait- you're not supposed to be unattended, let me ask-" she stood before I could finish and I immediately saw her hand go to her head, her body stumbling until she was able to grab a wall for support, staying completely silent.

"Are you okay?" I asked her quickly, grabbing her small body, watching her slowly make eye contact with me.

"Yeah, just a little dizzy spell" she dismissed it as if I didn't watch her just stumble without even taking a step.

"How about we skip the shower tonight?" I asked slowly.

I saw the puppy eyes immediately kick in

My one weakness for her

"Literally like, five minutes at most, you can stand right outside-" "what are we doing for five minutes?" Doctor Hemmings voice rang as he entered, the smallest smile on his face.

I watched as Montana looked from him to me, clearing her throat.

"Tana wants to shower, but I'm not so sure about how much I trust her standing by herself skills"