Chapter 11 - Interlude

The former slaves wasted no time to start loading up the boats so that they could leave the Island and I made my way toward where Simon was and noticed Tevlin working upon him and wrapping a bandage around his head and jaw. Sho was seating beside him, looking at what he was doing.

"How is he?" I asked, watching them from where I stood.

The duo turned their attention toward me and Sho gave me a grin.

"He'll be fine," the man told me, "His jaw is broken from what I can tell but I may be able to finish healing him when we get back to the mainland and get him proper medication."

I looked down at Simon who was breathing gently where he laid.

"I must say, you're quite reckless throwing yourself into danger like that," Tevlin told me, giving me a glance.

I looked down.

"I was just so fed up about this place. Seeing them running away…something inside me just snapped, and all I wanted to do…is fight till my last breath."

I turned my attention toward Sho was and noticed that he wasn't seating beside me anyone and was now standing by the railing of the ship we were on, looking toward the half finished tower with a worried look upon his face. I walked toward where he was standing.

"What is it?"

"Sis is taking such a long time," he said, not keeping the worry out of his voice, "She should have been back by now."

I looked back at the Tower of Heaven suddenly frowning. Something about this feel odd…and I feel like I was forgetting something…something important.

Then my eyes widened in shock as it suddenly became clear…

Jellal…something is going to happen to him, I thought, Could it have already happened?

Then a sudden explosion drew our attentions as one of the boats that were beside us exploded in a large blast of fire. I jumped away from it in shock and even Sho was taken aback by what's happening.

"W…What is going on?" a voice asked.

"One of the boats just exploded…," another person said staring at the fire that was taking place right in front of them.

I looked toward the fire, completely taken aback at what was happening right now. I was shocked as the rest as to what could be going on when a young man's voice echoed toward us.

"EVERYONE, GET OUT OF THE SHIPS,"

I turned toward the voice and there he stood, Jellal. He was completely shirtless and he was holding a sword in his hand. He looked completely terrified as he looked out toward us.

"T…That's Jellal," Sho said, "B…But where is Sis?"

That was what I was asking myself too. Where is Erza?

Suddenly another explosion echoed as another ship was caught in a blast of fire and that was the signal for all the people that were on the boats were running off of them, terrified as to what was happening and I glanced back toward Tevlin seeing that he was holding Simon in his arms as he followed after the rest of the group.

There were more explosions that followed after that as more of the ships exploded one after the other and I stared, completely dumbfounded at our only transportation out of the Island was getting swallowed by the ocean in front of us. From beside me, Sho was shaking not understanding what was happening.

"W…Why is this happening?" he asked.

"Eve, Sho,"

I turned my attention at Wally and Millianna who were running toward us, with Wally holding what look like a DVD case.