25

"Okay, that's it," I breathed. "Get off me. This is -- over."

I stopped myself before I could launch into a full ramble. My legs were jelly under the water, hell, my whole body, but I had to get up. I'd more than fulfilled my contractual obligations, letting him get me off in what was supposed to be a show of good faith. Yeah, right, as if I believed he really needed to finger-fuck me to sustain himself. He was a Prince, even if he was really as weakened as he said. He didn't need what meager energy I could possibly provide. If he was some common incubus, maybe, with the capacity of an imp, but he was Asmodeus, Prince of Lust, one of the strongest demons in all their realm.

He must have lied just to get under my skin. There was no other plausible explanation. Demons were demons were demons. Of course he would play these games. But I would be damned if I let myself fall for cheap tricks and even cheaper orgasms. Not a goddamn chance in heaven, hell, or on earth.

"Sable, love..."

"I said, it's over."

Too bad I failed to right myself out of the water just then. I almost had it -- sort of -- then slipped and collapsed back onto him. I had the bad luck to land smack on his still erect cock once again, pressing it up between my lower back and his belly. He let out the filthiest groan I had ever heard, and heat surged through me again despite how tired I was.

Oh, no, no. Not falling for that.

"If you get us caught by that lady because you couldn't keep it in your pants, I'm taking it as direct opposition against my interests. Mind the contract, Prince Asmodeus, thanks."

"The bravado only makes you more irresistible," he purred. "Don't forget I've seen you when you beg for it."

My ears burned, but I pulled myself up and climbed out of the bath, water streaming from my body. "And don't forget there's a price to pay if you try to con the contract. Even I don't know what happens if it decides you're unfit."

"Oh, something terrible, I hope."

He was going to be the death of me. Sneaking into the baths and all but threatening to expose me to the monks, who would throw me out the second they realized I was a law-breaking, morals-defying, demon-fucking 'witch' they had been about to grant hospitality -- I had to get out of here before the woman walked back in and found us like this.

What had I been thinking? I should have chased him out the second I had heard his voice. But God, he was magnetizing, and despite the sharp rebuke I gave him and the hard-boiled act, the truth was that I didn't put as much venom into it as I should have. My body had no resistance to him. No, that wasn't right. It was like it was trained to him. Every movement, every touch...

Even now, I could feel his eyes on me, eating me up as I walked away. The last thing I wanted was to give him a show, but trying to hide myself or running away would give him the satisfaction of having gotten under my skin. Not going to happen. Besides, running would only make everything... jiggle more. He'd like that too much.

A row of cubbies held folded towels on the wall, and I dried myself off with two of them as fast as I could before hurrying over to the exit. I hadn't looked back to check, but I was certain Lust was still in the bath. Damn that demon. He wasn't even trying.

Well, if I stood in the hallway, when the woman returned I could intercept her before she went in and saw him. I felt stupid standing here with one towel wrapped around my body, another around my hair, and my sopping clothes clenched in one hand, but better embarrassment than getting kicked out. I didn't dare guess what else they might do if they discovered I was letting a demon put his dick in me. If the punishment for that was anything like the ones back home...

Just in time, a familiar figure appeared around the corner. She held a light orangey-red robe in her arms, the clothes she had promised, along with what must be undergarments folded half-inside.

"Thank you, I really appreciate this." I took them from her, and she gave me a sagely smile. "I promise I won't be here long. We'll have to get a move on soon after a little rest."

"You are more than welcome, Witch Solaria. Yes, I think that would be for the best."

Not that I was spoiled enough to expect pampering, but her answer took me aback. She hadn't said it rudely, but in the politest way possible, she had all but told me to get out. Maybe invoking their debt to my mother and her service had been the wrong move?

Then, the woman's gaze flitted to the arched entrance to the steaming baths, and I understood instantly.

She knew Lust was in there. She also (probably) knew what we had just done. There was no guardedness in her movements or expression, but the subtlest change of her tone made it all too clear that I'd been exposed despite doing my best to hide it.

Still, she surprised me again.

"I won't question you about your familiar or the exact nature of your relationship with him, but my brothers and sisters may not be so understanding. I think it best if we avoid conflict, don't you?"

"... You're not kicking me out?"

"I have seen a great deal in my time as Grand Master, more than most will in their entire lives. Some things cannot be constrained within the rules of even the greatest covens, even the one the famed Solaria line answers to. I assume they're unaware?"

"It's complicated."

"I'm sure. But my vows are my own as well as the temple's, and we owe Witch Alael Solaria a great debt. It will make it easier for my brothers and sisters to accept this and repay it properly if they are not alarmed by things they may not understand."

In other words, what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them. But really? Was she going to let it go that easily? "Thank you for trusting me," I said cautiously. "I swear on my life that I mean no harm. We really will get out of here as soon as we can. If you want us to leave tonight--"

"Leave in a rush and you'll only find yourself in more dire straits. Take the time you need -- just no more than that if you can help it, for your own sake. I assume you are on a mission, but if I have heard nothing of it, then it must be one that requires discretion. Either way, while I won't pry, but rest and recover as needed. If you require any of the temple's resources, you need only ask."

"I really appreciate that."

"Think nothing of it. Your mother saved a great deal many lives during her time here, and it will never go forgotten. It is an honor to repay her sacrifices, and I only hope I can assist you in doing similar good, Witch Solaria. If you would like to change into your new clothes, I can take you to your room so you can eat and rest?"

"That would be great." I tightened my arms around the folded robe. "And my name is Sable. You don't have to call me Witch, honestly."

"Then I will insist you call me Sarina, if we're to pass on the formalities. Let us make the most of your time here."