Hard to Resist

Just then Bailey heard the slight rattle of someone trying to turn the door handle to come into the pool house. She pressed her hand harder against Jack's chest again, pushing him further back from her on the couch.

"Now you've done it," she said.

Jack laughed softly. "Not yet, but I'm certainly planning to," he said, as his hand traveled to her other breast, his fingers slowly circling her taut nipple.

"Quit that," she said, grabbing his hand to stop him before she got any more aroused. She was already finding it difficult to breathe, and by that smug smile on his face he knew it.

"I'm here for work, in case you've forgotten. Somebody already tried the door - now when we walk out together it's going to look really suspicious."

"Hmm," Jack said, "you have a point. So we'll just stay in here until they lose interest." He paused. "And I know just how we can occupy the time."

He leaned in to kiss her again but she wiggled free and got off the couch. Jack sat up and pulled her close so she was standing between his legs, leaning against his thigh. Standing this near to him was not a good idea, because already she was feeling tempted to just slide back into his lap and pretend there wasn't an important networking party going on right outside the door.

"I'm seriously not doing this," Bailey said, trying to ignore how sexy he looked with his thick hair slightly mussed, and that dangerous glint in his eyes.

"All right, Bailey." Jack lowered his voice. "But you're not going home with Mitsy and Trip tonight. You're coming home with me. And when we get to my condo as soon as we step inside I'm going to unfasten this sundress so it falls to the floor. And then" - he slid his hand up under her skirt and ran his fingers lightly over her panties, across the hard little nub that was already throbbing, and her heart beat faster - "I'm going to yank down these lacy little panties of yours and take you, hard and fast, right there against the door, with your legs wrapped around my waist and my mouth on your nipple."

She felt a wild thrill run through her entire body, but tried to keep her face without expression. If he saw how his words were affecting her, he'd pull her back down onto the couch. And she was afraid she wouldn't be able to resist him.

Those sexy eyes, darkened with desire, were studying her.

"And Bailey? That's just Round One. By the time we make it upstairs and I have you in bed, you'll be screaming my name."

Bailey let out a long breath. "Is that so?" she said, her voice even.

"It will be. Why don't you think about that while you mingle with the rest of the guests?" Jack suggested.

She was surprised she made it as far as the door on steady legs. When she got there, she turned to face him.

"How do you know it won't be you screaming my name all night? If  I decide to come home with you," Bailey said, then moved through the doorway quickly without waiting for his reaction, and rejoined the party.

She wasn't alone for long.

"There you are!" Maria said, and grabbed her arm to pull her along. "I have someone you absolutely have to meet."

Bailey tried to clear her head and refocus on why she was here this evening.

And put out of mind what would be happening later tonight if she decided to go home with Jack. She had a sinking feeling that she was only getting in deeper.

* * *

Since Bailey had been so concerned about walking out of the locked pool house together and what people might think, Jonathon waited a few moments before going back to the party himself.