The first time

He lowered himself gently down, shifting his weight to one side. His hand continued under my dress, making it's way between my legs. I spread them ever so slightly, inviting him in. The euphoria of his touch sent waves of desire pulsating though my body. I had never been touched like this before. And the more he caressed the more I wanted. His mouth moved perfectly in sync with mine, our tongues dancing around one another's like a perfectly choreographed routine. He moved down to my neck as my own hands found themselves in unfamiliar territory. I had managed to unbutton his collard shirt and untuck it from his pants, loosing the top button and zipper of his jeans. As I began touching the bare skin under his shirt, his hot breath in my ear told me he was enjoying it as much as I was. I realized what my friends had said was true. Once you start it's almost impossible to stop. Just as I had decided that this was my night, my hand making its way just below his belt-line, a loud knocking at the door brought the hot and heavy make-out session to a screeching halt, like someone throwing a bucket of cold water on me while I slept.
"Jim? You in there? Jim?"
James leapt from the couch quicker than I could blink, taking the collard shirt completely off so only the plain white t-shirt underneath remained and zipped and buttoned his pants. I followed his lead and sat up, straightening my hair and my dress. The voice at the door was definitely not
old enough to witness what was going on. He opened the door to a young girl with curly, auburn hair and freckles I could only assume was his little sister.
"Yes, Steph?," he asked with a hint of angst I could only assume was from his lingering arousal.
"Mom said you brought a girl home. I want to see her."
The voice was soft and sweet. So innocent. This is definitely not the first impression I want to give to his little sister or his family for that matter. My brain shifted almost instantly as I got up from the couch, adjusting my dress once more. James pushed the door open a bit wider as she nearly took his arm off making her way in to greet me. She stopped inches from me.
"Hi," she beamed looking up at me. "You must be Jim's girlfriend. I'm Stephanie. Or Steph for short. You're really pretty." She turned to James. "She is really pretty. We're gonna be friends. You make my brother really happy."
Her energy was almost contagious. I chuckled as I stuck out my hand.
"Well hello. It's nice to meet you Steph. I think you're right. Best friends," I smiled back.
She let out a shriek. I glanced at James who was leaning against the door frame, a smile on his face.
"Alright, alright nosy. You came, you saw, you met."
"Awe," she groaned. "Come on! It's been like two seconds. I have questions!"
"Questions you can ask another time. Now go."
With the saddest pout across her face,  she made her way back to the door. She paused,
"What are you guys doing?"
"Out, Steph," James replied giving her a slight shove into the hall.
"Ugh, fine. But, promise me you'll  bring her back?"
I loved her already. Like the little sister I never had.
"Yes, Steph. I will bring her back. I promise."
That answer seemed to suffice. She smiled and headed back upstairs.
He gently closed the door behind him.
"I'm sorry about that."
"Oh, don't be. She's a cutie."
"Yeah, she's something," he laughed.
We sat back down on the couch, snuggling up to one another, wrapping ourselves in a blanket. I could get used to this. Lying in his arms. The last few minutes before his sister interrupted were definitely still on my mind, but maybe it was a good thing she showed up. I wasn't sure if I was really ready or not. Make no mistake, my body certainly wanted it. But, my mom always said sex before marriage is wrong. It should be between two people that love each other. But I'm pretty sure I'm in love with James. The scenes on the TV bounced from one to the other. But, I couldn't focus on anything else but James, his arms wrapped tightly around me, what had almost happened, what I wanted to happen, and that I was certain I had fallen hopelessly, and irrevocably in love with him. 

"Oh my God. So like that's third base, Mara!"
Elaine and I were standing at my locker discussing all things homecoming.
"Not really." I lowered my voice almost to a whisper. All I needed was for someone to overhear and start some sort of disgusting rumor.
"It was still on top ya know and I never got below his belt. Just his shirt."
"Still!," Eliane burst out.
I shot her a death look.
"Shut up! Nothing happened, happened ya know."
"So what if it happens again? Are you going to let him? Like are you really thinking about having sex with him?"
"Thinking about it, yes. Will I go through with it? I don't know. It looks so romantic and sexy and amazing in the movies. But, I have no idea what I'm doing. It really just freaks me out."
"What freaks you out?" Brie had joined us at my locker.
"Mara almost slept with James at homecoming?"
"Seriously, Elaine!," I growled.
"What?"
"I mean not really. I dunno. It was a lot of touching and feeling with our clothes still on."
Brie's face changed from her usual pale to flushed.
"Are you ok?," I asked concerned.
She put her head down.
"Yeah," she responded after a moment.
I must be oblivious on how to read some else's body language, because before I could formulate another question Elaine came unglued.
"Oh! My! God! No! You and Matt?!"
Brie looked up with the most sheepish grin on her face."
"Shut Up!"
"Brie!," I spat out before I could stop myself.
"It just happened," She said looking back down at the floor. "One thing lead to another and the next thing I knew..."
She didn't have to finish her sentence. We knew.
The bell rang.
"Damn it!," Elaine said rolling her eyes. "I  am going to need details later," she said as she walked off. She wasn't in next hour with Brie and I. As we walked to class I tried to get a better read on Brie. She didn't seem upset about it. But she didn't seem happy about it either. I didn't want to pressure her in to talking about something as huge and personal as this. But, I had so many questions I needed answers too.
"Please don't say anything to anyone," she finally said as we got closer to class.
"I would never," I reassured her. "It's really non of my business. But..." I stopped myself before I went any further.
"Was it worth it?," Brie said finishing my thought. "Do I regret it? What was it like?"
Yes, yes, and yes to all of the above. I had to know. Maybe if she thought it was a mistake for her, it would mean it's a mistake for me too.
"Let's talk later. Call me."
I nodded as we walked into class. There was no way I was going to be able to pay attention the rest of the day.