The part where supernova is just barely held back

"Come away with me again please?" She mumbled pleadingly looking the wall, thinking of their childhood escapades they made when their parents were out away. The escapades which consisted of them frolicking like little kittens under autumn leaves.

Nera tried to still her breathing, willing herself not to face back where Rolan's hoodied chest swayed like waves in the ocean. His soft snores with tidbit of dribble were some thingamabobs she knew he would have by now. Oh how she wished he would stop tempting her; can he just stop —NO. She cursed herself silently. What was she even thinking anymore? A real life yandere, for real?

She face palmed at her incredulity.

It was two hours after they slept. More like just him, not her.

It took all of her willpower to go back near him and not devour him up.

But it wasn't fair for him either was it? What if all he ever saw in her was a platonic sister? Can she survive her life with him, always being close-to-heartbroken?

She decided it was quite pointless to try to sleep when plumes of thoughts plagued her. Plugging in her earphone, she switched the playlist to her favourite band, Rogue Valley as she rested her gaze upon his cupboard screaming with posters of their favourite manga, Out.

Atleast she needn't have to choose between two equally good enemy gangs like Iguchi, Out's MC. She'd be lying if she didn't admit sometimes it was close to being in a conundrum between her romantic feelings for him and her feelings for him as a friend, like rival gangs.

Her thoughts tried to untangle as she rocked herself with her legs folded like a foetus. Bay of Pigs was playing at the moment and it was so ethereal. Actually using a single adjective to describe it would be an understatement. She almost wished for the music to whisk her away like how Peter Pan did to Wendy.

"Nenee. Couldn't sleep?"

Speak of the devil. She heard him lugging his blanket with him behind her. Sometimes even the plain-est things like blankets got her wooz-ied up. If only she could be like a blanket...

"What? Sleeping while sitting? That's too new even for you!" His palms flicked her head, as he chuckled.

"Owww! I was aiming for the Guinness record and now no thanks to you its broken." She said as she rubbed her forehead. It's not like she hates the head flicks 'cause it's still a flicker of his hand getting in contact with her almost making her gooey. But then the flick part is the annoying part.

"To be fair, you broke my beauty sleep too!" He spoke through the yawn.

Nera mentally cursed herself for not having a polaroid to capture that. "Fine. Lemme get you back to sleep then, droopy eyes" She tried to drag him back. The keyword is tried. The regret that made up the top of her regret list would be . . . Not having gone for the judo class that her uncle offered, and not face this predicament. "If only everyone were lightweight as me" She huffed.

He let out a chuckle. "Yeah earth would be a feathearth and humans would be feathumans" He lifted himself up and it got way easier for Nera.

"It rings well, doesn't it? " Gently, she placed his head on the pillow without breathing. His hair was like a bed of tulips which she was so close to blanket in.

" You done doing pranayama? "

His voice brought her back to the present. How does he notice every speck of dot she does? "I wasn't! You stink by the way" She tried to induce as much as scorn but it sounded like a joke to herself.

"And let's pretend you don't like mint conditioner either?" The guffaw in his question made her blush as she thanked the stars for the semi darkness.

"Yeah suuure whatever" Her standard response when she's stumped. After seeing him properly tucked in, she jumped off the bed and moved toward the cupboard.

But the way to the cupboard was filled with obstacles which she didn't see in the semi darkness. A chair groaned. Her ankle hit the table. "Owww," And her elbows almost tripped her.

"What are you doing Nene?"

Was that another way of Rolan telling her to go sleep? She couldn't help wonder. Too bad sleep abandoned her.

"Gonna take a walk. It looks like it could snow anytime!" She hated snow with an absolute passion and was surprised how could she ever have thought that she loved it ages ago!
Nera being raised up in tropical lands, once upon a time, dreamed of drenching in snow. And now when all she saw was snow, she wished it turned to clear skies.

"Yeah so why? You of all people hate snow?" He rustled and turned on the bed lamp, donning on the dorky glasses.

"Life is too short to hate though" Nera tried to laugh it out as her head took in the waft of frigid air. 

word count : 848