Part 2: Chapter 1

Fiore

Looking around the bar I knew this wasn't for me. There had to be more to life I thought as I played with the straw that was in my watered down drink. Day in and day out it seem to be the same no matter how I switch things up. My routine consisted of waking up going to work, leaving work going to the bar then home.

Rinse, lather, and repeat.

I know this was not what life is all about. The lack of everything that spices up ones life was missing and it was keeping me stagnant. I'm always one to play it safe being that I didn't really have anybody to fall back on if I mess up. Sometimes though I wish I could leave and go to another place in time, where I don't have to worry about paying rent, car notes or being alone for that matter. Where I could be free to take whatever risk with no thoughts on the matter. Somewhere I can create my own family by not only blood but bonding with different people. A complete restart.

Life was hard enough, it's even worse when going at it alone. I knew better though, people like me always get the shit end of the stick. Completely overlooked for being the dull individuals we are. Having a family doesn't sound too bad, sipping my drink I've been babysitting since I got here I looked around the bar. I was drowning in loneliness. This couldn't be life. If I was completely honest with myself I didn't really know what I wanted, I just knew I wanted something of my own that I could hold on to. What that was I couldn't say but anything beats this.

"You want to live another life you say?" A voice asked from beside me.

I was so caught up in my own thoughts, and self loathing I didn't even realize someone had sat next to me.

"Huh?" I asked not comprehending the question asked to me.

I didn't say anything out loud or did I? I have a tendency to talk to myself, I have to get that in check. Maybe that's why other people ignore me and I could only get company from...an old lady? I stared down at her trying to figure out just when did she get there? She looked to be in her 80s or 90s, her silver hair was slick back into a ponytail and she was sporting some kind of dress that resembled a robe. It looked soft to the touch as if it was made of velvet. What she was doing in a bar was beyond me.

Taking a big gulp of my drink I motioned for the bartender to bring me another. Which he did quicker than I thought. Grabbing that drink I poured it into the drink I already had before guzzling it down. I know I've hit rock bottom when Im sitting next to an elder in a bar not to mention talking out loud to myself. Was I loosing my mind? Shaking my head at myself I dismissed the thought. I was tripping and I needed to get my life I thought as I started getting myself together to leave. Sneaking another look at the lady sitting next to me made me wonder if this was all life had for me. Old and still hanging in bars, what a sad life.

"No dear you're not tripping " the lady said using air quotes when saying tripping "and I can most definitely help you with that." She said with a very sneaky grin on her face.

"Help me how and with what exactly?" I asked trying to stop myself from laughing in her face as I continued to get my jacket on.

This old lady really was trying to hustle me out of something. She looked as if she was getting ready to kick the bucket at any minute, no way she could help me when she needed to be worried about her own life or should I say what's left of it. It's clear this lady is crazy as all hell to think such a scam would work on me. I've been drinking but I don't think I'm that drunk.

"By giving you what you asked for my dear." She said very nonchalant as if it was no sweat off her back taking a sip of a drink I didn't even see her order.

"I didn't ask for anything so please do enlighten me on what I asked for that you can help me with?" I questioned again doing as she did using air quotes. A small giggle released from her lips before her face got very serious.