The Beautiful Garden

EPISODE TEN

THEME: The beautiful garden

     MOON STONE PACK

Meagan did a good job at hiding her smile pleased that he didn't ask for her name.

"Come with me, Allison." He said curving his arm for her to slip her arm around it.

Meagan hesitated only for some seconds. But she couldn't decline his offer because he was polite enough.

"Alright, I will go on a snack tour with you, warlord Baron." She tucked her arm beneath his waiting arm.

"You can also try to tell me what my future entails after we eat." He joked.

Meagan couldn't hold back a giggle. "Don't forget that I am only a human with no superpowers."

"Some humans can do palm reading just by looking at the tiny lines on it." He showed her his large hands.

Meagan tried not to think of him holding hands with her. "Okay." She replied. And not too long he dropped their arms and flexed his hand into her small hands. She felt her heart skip a beat as his fingers locked with her fingers. It sent more tingling feelings deep down in her belly.

"Almost there." He pointed at the table laden with lots of food.

The way he carried himself showed that he was in a good physical condition. His athletic steps and attitude befits his choice of costume as if he was born to wear it. There was something strange about this man that Meagan found strange just from the great effect he has on her in few minutes of conversing with him.

They made their way through the crowd as they approached the table. Three women waved at him and he also nodded familiarly to other people as they walked by. People seem to recognize him, it was as if they had expected to see him looking so hot and sexy for the party.

"Hi gorgeous." A man said as he passed by Meagan and his friends laughed as they walked ahead. "She's so pretty." Someone complimented.

"I wasn't trying to flatter you when I said the costume looked good on you." He let go of her hand when they reached the table.

Meagan just simply smiled. "There are lots of food." She pointed at the table.

"I told you." He mouthed, his lips curling up as it revealed the dimples again.

He moved closer to her, his bare arm brushed her exposed upper arm. Sexual tension ripped down her spine in response to the contact and their gaze locked. It seemed like it was just the two of them in the ballroom, she couldn't figure out why her whole body was reacting to everything about this man.

"Is there anything you want?" He asked without breaking the eye contact.

Meagan cleared his throat silently. "Yes..." she glanced down at the long table.

She shouldn't be flirting with a total stranger. Meagan warned herself.

"I'll have more drink and cupcakes first." Meagan walked over to the table that displayed a selection of drinks. She took a glass from the server as allowed him pour her a drink.

"Thank you."

"We can start the tour with a drink anyways." He chuckled.

Meagan drank from the glass and the drink tasted so good as it flowed down her throat. "This tastes...so good. You should try this, warlord Baron." She suggested.

And while she looked down to pluck at a cupcake he reached for her glass. She looked straight into his eyes as he lifted the glass to his mouth and sipped from the exact place her lips had touched.

"This is good." He commented.

This man was indeed flirting with her. She concluded.

Meagan snatched the glass back from him. "You should get yours."

He smiled and gestured to the server to give him a drink too. Silently he watched her as she emptied the whole glass. She dropped the glass on the table and reach out to take a plate.

"Ready to have some real food?" He stood closer to her again so she could hear him over the loud music.

Meagan nodded as she put food into her plate. He eyed the small portion she served.

"Is that enough?" He asked.

"This should do for a few hours." Meagan replied.

He dropped the glass and added more food to her plate. "You should eat more."

"No..no..that's enough. I..I..don't eat much." Meagan held his wrist but she let go as if he had burned her when he looked into her eyes. She figured that just an eye contact was making her wet her panties.

"Alright." He stopped to also fill his own plate with food.

More people joined the table to get food while they turned away from the table.

"Where should we sit?" Meagan asked as she peered at where seats were arranged. It was filled up and she winced when they passed by the speaker booming with loud music.

"Everywhere is packed but I think I know a better place. Follow me, Allison." He said making a turn to a less crowded area.

Meagan followed closely behind him as they made their way through the costumed partygoers. They reached a silent hallway and then he slipped through a door as it led out to a garden.

Meagan loved the view almost immediately as her eyes scanned the area. The garden was beautiful with colorful flowers. It was small, quiet and fenced. There was a bench close to a fountain in the center of the garden. Meagan was surprised to find out that they were the only one in the garden but somehow she felt comfortable being alone with this stranger.

"This place is so cool." She said.

He nodded in agreement. "Yes, the garden is beautiful. We can eat here in peace although there is no table."

"No it's alright. I can balance my plate on my knees." Meagan answered.

"Alright, If you don't mind." He chuckled and they sank into the bench.

Meagan tried not to spill her when she set it down on the bench. He left enough space between them when he sat beside her so she won't feel uncomfortable. She ate a shrimp, savoring the taste in her mouth as she sighed in satisfaction.

"Good shrimps." She mumbled.

"There are great cooks in this pack." He replied.

"Well this is a god meal. I can't remember the last time I had shrimps. It has been so long." Meagan said.

"You should taste this tart too." He dropped some in her plate before dabbling a napkin over his mouth.

Meagan was surprised by the gesture. He was so free and calm with her as if he had known her for long or maybe she is so old fashioned now? Perhaps do people act this way around each other at first meeting? She wondered.

Meagan couldn't find answers to her questions. But one thing stayed on her mind, she didn't want to know anything about him. His name, family background, type of job or whatever that concerns him because a serious conversation with him would definitely lead to other topics that concerns her life. Although she was curious about knowing him but the last thing she ever wanted was getting close to any man again. She would rather savor this moment by acting as Allison the witch of Maridom and not Meagan Swift.

"Come on taste the tart," he picked up her spoon and place the tart to her mouth in a bid to feed her.