Same interests

EPISODE THIRTEEN

THEME: Same interests

      MOON STONE PACK

Meagan expected that he would be surprised that she was friends with the bride and beta of the pack since he is a native. But he showed no expression aside a smirk on his lips.

"Did you manage to get the drink off your dress last night?" Carl sat on another couch facing her directly.

He knew all along that she was trying to push him away and stop him from getting to know her. All the more reasons why he was playing dumb about not knowing her.

"Yeah..although it wasn't easy finding the ladies toilet." Somehow it seemed pleasant and natural chatting with him.

"And it wasn't hard finding your friend?" Carl grinned.

"Yes...she found me." Meagan replied.

"So that only means that you didn't try to find me." Carl crossed his legs over the other.

After she left him in the garden, he had picked up their plates back into the ballroom. Carl had more conversations with his friends, family and high ranking wolves with the hope of running into Meagan again. He had tried to leave the ballroom to find her elsewhere but he couldn't make an escape from conversations. Everyone was interested in knowing about the progress of the pack. Carl would say a few words and refer them to his beta.

Brianna had also taken her turn to dance with him in a bid to show off her beauty. The situation with Brianna was becoming too awkward for Carl, he knew she had dressed up to impress him and she won't stop until she gets what she wanted from him. And once again Carl reminded her that he doesn't foresee his feelings ever developing into something more serious. He made it clear in a considerate manner so she won't get hurt by his rejection. He had picked the right words with the hope that she would accept the fact that they can never be together.

Carl became tired and he sighed in relief when he found an escape plan using his cousin, Jeremy as the best way to leave the ballroom. Carl came straight to his home to have a good night rest dreaming about the beautiful witch and fortune teller he had met.

"I am sorry. I got tired of the loud music and needed to rest." Meagan apologized.

"I understand." Carl had felt that way too when he couldn't find her in the ballroom. But all that matters is that she is right here in his home.

"I should get you something." Carl stood up.

"No..no..I am fine. I-" Her stomach made a grumbling sound.

"I prepared bacon and egg, would you like some?" Carl asked.

He had prepared an extra plate because Julius would visit him soon so they would discuss about the wedding preparation.

Meagan smiled at him from beneath her thick lashes. "Yes."

Carl grinned. "Come with me." He said and she followed him into the kitchen.

Meagan positioned herself on the stool as Carl worked his way around the kitchen to dish their food. He grabbed two glasses and a bottle of champagne from the fridge and set it on the island.

"This is a good one, all the way from Italy." Meagan pointed to the champagne.

"You seem to know so much about wine." He passed her a plate of bacon and scrambled eggs.

"Yes..my dad has a whole collection of wines in the house. He thought me how to drink ." Meagan said as she munched on the bacon.

"That's good to hear. My mom is so good at telling all kinds of wines but my dad preferred beer. Don't ask me why because he never told me his reason." Carl said with a shrug. He poured champagne into the glasses before settling down in the second stool beside her.

"Do you like whiskey?" Meagan asked.

"No I prefer a shot of tequila." Carl answered.

Meagan glanced at him. "We seem to have the same interests in drinks."

"Maybe." Carl chuckled.

"I envy you wolves." Meagan spoke up after some seconds of silence.

"Why?" Carl asked.

"You can take so much alcohol as you want without getting drunk." Meagan tasted the champagne.

"There is a limit in every wolf. Some wolves are lightheaded just like some humans and they can't take too much alcohol. And it tends to weaken their wolves but there are rare cases of such though." Carl explained.

"Yes I know, my friend did a good job at telling me so much about her kind. She is the reason why I like wolves." Meagan looked at him again.

Carl took a closer look at her as she smiled at him again. "You must be very close to the bride."

Meagan had a very nice mouth. A heart shaped lips and a set of white teeth. He wanted to know what it feels to taste her lips. Although Carl knew he would never be contented with just a kiss from her.

"Yes..she is my best friend. We have been together since we were little girls." Meagan looked away to take another bite of bacon.

Meagan knew she had to stop saying too much or else they would dive into more serious conversation.

Carl has an earful from Hazel about her human best friend. And it got to a point where Julius thought Hazel cherished Meagan more than her mate.

"We didn't get to dance together last night." Carl stood up to drop his plates into the sink.

"The peacock ruined our chance." Meagan muttered pushing her plate away. She was full even though she didn't finish eating the little bacon and egg he had served her.

"You didn't want to dance with me, Allison. You were about turning me down when the peacock and alligator busted in on us." Carl drank from his glass.

He was right. She wanted to turn him down. "I am sorry." Meagan apologized.

"Allison, you have to stop apologizing for nothing. But if you feel bad for almost turning me down then you should make it up to me." Carl set his glass back on the island.

Meagan arched her eyes brows. "How can I make it up to you?" She asked.

"Dance with me." Carl poured more champagne into their glasses.

"The Halloween night is over." She said.

"I have some old school music on my phone, all I need to do is connect it with my boom box then we have a dance. What do you think?" He requested holding her gaze.

"Alright." Meagan answered with a faint smile on her face.