Seasickness

"Come on, Nana!" Nsuba shouted as he ran towards the beach.

"Slow down, Nsuba. We've got the whole day, what's the hurry?"

"Sorry. I guess I'm just super excited for you to see my special place".

They had reached the beach, and now Nsuba was going along the beach, all the way to a cave made out of rock, just along the seashore.

"Come on in. It's amazing," said Nsuba. He could barely contain the excitement in his voice. Nana followed him into the cave and immediately felt uncomfortable. It felt like there was a force in his navel tugging him gently out of the cave. However, he shrugged it off and followed his friend inside

Inside the cave, it was dark. Very dark. Once his eyes adjusted, he gazed in wonder at the interior of the cave.

"Wow. It looks so beautiful," he whispered in admiration.

The cave's walls shone from the millions of tiny sparkling stones that were embedded in its interior. The floor of the cave, although made of sand, was very soft and smooth, like cocoa powder. At the innermost part of the cave, there was a hole in the roof and a single beam of sunlight shone onto a circular patch of sand on the floor. The entire effect was simply.....magical.

"I usually come here when I need some peace and quiet from the hubbub of school", Nsuba said sheepishly.

"Tell me about it", answered Nana. The cave was unnaturally quiet, especially since it was daytime and the wind was crashing the waves about. Nana sat down and enjoyed the breeze, the scene and the quiet.

"It's so relaxing."

"I know. That's why I wanted to bring you here.You know what'd really set the mood right now?"

"What?"

"Some music. Could you, maybe, play your flute or something?"

"You want me to play my flute?"

"Yeah. I mean, you're very good at it, and somehow you're the only person who can get any sound to come out of that thing, so..."

"Okay". Nana removed the flute from his pocket and slowly placed it on his lips. After looking at Nsuba's face and receiving an encouraging nod from him, he began to play the flute.

The sweetest music both boys had ever heard began to emanate from the flute. With wide eyes, Nana continued to play. He seemed unable to stop. Nsuba watched on, enthralled, as Nana's mouth and fingers moved seemingly of their own accord, and the music continued to ebb and flow and arch, until finally it reached the climax.

All of a sudden the tide, once far away from the mouth of the cave,now crashed into the opening with such force that it broke both boys from their trance. As Nana continued to play, the water continued to rush into the cave, gaining speed with every note which rang out. Nana frantically tried to disengage his hands and mouth from the flute, but to no avail. He turned to Nsuba and, to his confusion, saw a serene, almost joyful look on his face.

"Nsuba!! The water's filling up the cave! We have to get out!" Nana managed to scream before the flute forced him to continue playing again.

No answer came from his best friend, just that dreamy, spaced-out look on his face as his yellow eyes looked upon the water which was now up to waist-level.

But Nsuba's eyes aren't neon yellow, they're blue, thought Nana as he helplessly continued playing the flute.

Just as the water reached his neck, as he began to lose hope, as he watched Nsuba's unmoving gaze, he heard a whisper behind him, of a female voice saying, Come home.

And then the water receded, just as quickly as it had come.

He fell onto the now wet sand, breathing heavily. Nsuba, now apparently recovered, quickly came to his side, asking him if he was okay.

His facial expression was not worried. If anything, he looked a bit disappointed.

In anger, his friend wrenched himself out of his grasp.

"What the hell was that? Did you bring me here to kill me? Huh? What was that?"

"I'm sorry, Nana. I had no idea the tide would come in so early. I'm sorry, okay?"

Nana looked at the ground in relief and fear.

"You know I never go near the ocean. My dad has always warned me never to go near the ocean. I can hear his voice now, Nana, you are the reason why I work and earn so much money. Always protect yourself. Never go near the ocean or else you'll drown. I should've listened to him".

"Look, it's not my fault okay? How was I supposed to know that the tide would do that? All I wanted was to show you something special. Is that a crime? Jeez, I said I was sorry. This is no big deal to be so upset over."

"No big deal? Nsuba how the hell can you say that? We almost died!"

"But we didn't. So everything's fine. Right?" He extended his arm to Nana, who was still on the floor.

"You are unbelievable", said Nana, as he got up on his own and made to walk out of the cave.

"You're forgetting your flute, Nana".

"Nope. I'm not. I'm leaving it. It nearly killed me. I don't even know where I got that flute, it's just always been with me since I was a baby. My parents don't even remember who exactly gave it to me, but they said it was a gift from a relative. Leave it there, I said!" he said when he saw Nsuba trying to pick it up. He then pulled Nsuba out of the cave with him.

"Fine", said Nsuba sulkily, "if that's what you want."

"Yes, that is what I want. Now let's get out of here."

"Why are you being so grouchy? At least we're both okay," inquired Nsuba.

"It's nothing. I probably just need to rest it off", said Nana. But he didn't want to tell his friend the real reason for his mood, that he had heard the same voice in his dreams in the cave, whispering that cryptic phrase ,"Come home".

So that's the second chappie, guys. Please vote, and comment as much as you can. What do you think happened back there? Also share this book to all your reader friends as well. We're heading to the top!

:-)!!